Is this a heavily regulated community? (Smelling authoritarianism)?

At the end of the day, that’s not ethical to delete criticism!

Facing those , is the answer!

So, it seems that no breach on community guidelines…right?

Like promotion or restricted words or any misrepresentation kind of things?

Just more criticisms…right?

1 Like

@Meher_Smaran can you maybe check on why this was deleted? I have no idea.

By the way, much time and effort has gone into building content here for many years. It wouldn’t make sense for us to allow the promotion of competition here, directly or indirectly. This is something I have already shared before. If we let that, this entire forum would have been full of folks trying to explain why some broker, advisor, or trainer is fantastic.

If there is a critique about Zerodha, we have actively answered unless of course the same post is being repeated continuously.

Don’t post repetitive questions. As of this post, there are over 25000+ posts and TradingQnA and chances are that your query has already been answered. Before you create a question, make sure to search if it has already been answered, if you have a followup you can post it on the same question.

1 Like

Yeah, I appreciate that the staffs as well as ceo, you are talking with public and answering questions!

And I like all your business side of things + rainmatter initiative of investing in environmental impacts + the trust & not spamy kind of things about your products (like ditto,quicko etc…,)

But this thing, I just found out & my mind just blaberred.

But comparing to the good things you do in this forum, my criticism is negligible!

But still, I don’t like deleting criticism! (That posts are not promotional content) maybe only 2-3 from unknown people may be there! (Deleting those is easy, by the way)

But mostly that topic has fair criticism between active members!

At the end of the day, you are seeing that as promotion!
My point of it being criticism is contrasting!

(They are not the type of critisicm, where zerodha need to answer!

Its just critiscm of what is being happening & happened)

{like delaying feautures, not providing timelines, even if said, timelines are being extended with several reasons (mostly of scalability & future issues prevention) & also about brokerage cost comparison… that’s it!

That’s what the post talks the most! See no promotion there :man_shrugging:t2:

Ok, I can understand!

But keep this post (dont delete this)
So, people who will think like me, will find this in future!

Maybe helpful for searching folks, who have same questions as me!

1 Like

IMHO, the primary reason why people complain about “anti-Zerodha” posts being unlisted/deleted is their expectation that TradingQnA is a good forum to highlight any issue they are facing with Zerodha products and get the attention of the maintainers.

The TradingQnA community guidelines already state that such posts are off-topic.

However, people continue to post their grievances on this forum, get Zerodha staff attention, probably a second pair of eyes on their support tickets, and then the TradngQnA post gets unlisted/deleted leading them to believe that they are being moderated/censored.

By the way, the TradingQnA forum is working as a fantastic honeypot for frustrated users of Zerodha products, who would otherwise likely have taken to any of the other social media (Twitter, FB, personal blogs) to air their grievances and highlight the limitations and issues with Zerodha products publicly.

1 Like

I don’t think any of this has been delisted. If it has, share it here and would definitely speak to the team managing the platform.

This is a problem, right? If we allowed for comparison, won’t every competitor jump on the opportunity? We have seen this happen many times in the past with multiple IDs from same IP trying to post stuff to promote a broker, advisor, trainer, etc.

1 Like

Well, that specific topic, doesn’t have any grievances!

That topic has many criticism & comparison! (Many comparisons are not even thrashing, just pure intentional comparisons)

Maybe they can say it as promotion to competitors! (That’s pretty resonable)

But, as you say zerodha account specific details/queries are getting deleted is not the reason for this!

As far as i seen, this topic as the most zerodha account specific queries, still not getting flags or deletions (I think it’s probably a anouncement topic :man_shrugging:t2:)

Here, reference Discontinuation of pooling for mutual funds and how it affects Coin

Yeah,

I can understand your concern now!

It’s pretty reasonable :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:t2:

Especially competitiors using this allowed freedom for promotion!

I have owned a forum. I have moderated on other forums. And I can tell you this happens all the time and its super annoying.

Till date, none of my posts has been deleted. So I don’t think this forum is heavily regulated.
But if your post seems to be promoting something, even if it is by highlighting negatives of Zerodha, then I think it will be deleted.

Just go and have a look at sgx nifty dot org forum. Full of abuses and spams and then come back. You’ll start loving this forum

From what i have seen on this forum,
announcement topic threads are also used to elicit community feedback
and hence are open to criticism or additional improvement suggestions.
(Unlike, threads started by users along the lines of - Another broker does X, Zerodha doesn’t. Fix ASAP)

In my above reply, i am not talking about that specific post.

The posts i am talking about are the ones that get unlisted with a reply from the staff redirecting the poster to file/share a support ticket. Apart from the original poster, no one visiting the forum even sees those topic threads on the forum (unless one is subscribed to a bunch of categories and receives the notification of the original post).

Thus, the poster of such unlisted topic threads feels that they are being censored/moderated and is bound to complain about censorship/moderation on other threads on the forum when discussing related topics about feature disparity/usability issues (allowed as those threads are not specific to any individual account).

However instantly unlisting such posts, redirecting the request to a support ticket, and inevitably pointing out the request is on the roadmap and will be available “soon” leaves people irritated. Most people (wrongly) believe that having such discussion out in the open might lead to Zerodha feeling pressurized to prioritize their requested feature/bug-fix.

However, from what i’ve seen over the years, that’s just a false expectation of users.
Zerodha’s going to do its own thing at a pace it feels comfortable/sustainable.
Prioritizing stability over anything else (like being first-to-market, or quickly copying any competitors’ features).

Whether one publicly showcases any limitations
is not going to make Zerodha abandon their principles / priorities.
( i hope this continues :crossed_fingers:)

IMO, this unusual approach of Zerodha,
is a shock for most people used to the capitalist and populist short-term thinking
prevalent in most companies nowadays.

IMO, any unlisting/deleting of such “support queries” from TradingQnA is very welcome.

2 Likes

Hi @Srivishnu_S

Simple answer to your extremely exaggerated title and post :slight_smile:

• This forum is primarily focused on addressing the questions surrounding trading and investing. We are trying our best on improving the content so that it helps traders and investors in making better trading and money decisions. (Please share feedback on this)

• Our job as moderators is to make sure there’s not too much of chest thumping of not just other brokers but even Zerodha.

• Btw, we have a dedicated section for brokers review and for 1 deleted post like the one that you have mentioned, there are 1000s of other posts where there was a comparison with other brokers and we’ve answered on how we are approaching towards any particular feature or service. If for some weird reason, you insist on knowing why only that post was deleted, It was because there was too much of direct marketing and active promotion there from folk(s) who are partners of those particular brokers and have a direct conflict of Interest.

I hope this clarifies :slight_smile:

PS: You have only participated in that particular post 3-4 months ago and came back only day before yesterday after some issue with other broker. We hope to see you actively participating in other discussions related to markets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I am gaining so much knowledge & seeing so many different perspectives of people. Its helpful :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:t2:

Z-connect blogs/pages and zerodha.tech pages are also interesting (gives a image of what are decisions to be made while creating a company)

Going to read about more algos, by the way!

(Same as before (like going inactive for months to come), after some months, exams are coming :smiling_face_with_tear:)

As you said, I earlier participated in that thread only and seeing it got deleted now made me furious😅!

Yeah, I have read those!:+1:t2:

Thanks. But I got clarified earlier itself by quick replies of Nithin! (Which is great by the way, like talking as a customer & interacting with creator of the product as well as talking to a bootstrapped billionaire of India)

Yeah, I am a MBBS student! I got tired of preparing for Exams. So, I postponed my search on sharemarkets & stuffs!

Nah, I still didn’t have any demat/trading account, planning on opening one with zerodha!

I just yesterday decided to take sometime to read about share markets (still reading varsity & sevaral other free materials like this ex: also fyers school :slightly_smiling_face:)

I am still a 19 year old just passed out of school with flying colours :partying_face: & studying MBBS with a new excitement!

And I am Pretty much interested in Entrepreneurship, that’s why I searched deep about those & fascinated and inspired by zerodha & Nithin as well as zerodha’s initiatives like rainmatter and its new products/collaboration of smallcase, New upcoming AMC, sensibull,quicko,ditto !

I still keep thinking about bootstrapping vs VC stuffs!
(Ah, that’s not a part of this convo…oh this seems going long…enough)

Ah, seems you have searched through all of my profile & answers!

Seeing whether I am a bot or competitor’s partner? :rofl::rofl:

You are doing a nitty gritty job of checking this & all. I appreciate your work man! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Wishing you bestest of luck man :slight_smile: Make us all proud.

1 Like

Nope! This is not a heavily regulated forum!

Yes, but the thread that you are talking about had a lot of comparison with other brokers with pros and cons of Zerodha. I guess the reason to delete that thread is maybe be to have a fair play with the competitors. :slight_smile:

I have seen communities become toxic so it’s better to kill the insects of some posts before they manifest the whole community!

Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Amazing bro! You are young and enthusiastic! Study your MBA well! I would advice you to study the price action of some stocks on daily basis so that you are prepared to trade once you pass out!

When you get into trading, remember to be fully focused! You have plenty of years to train ur psychology with that of the markets!

As a student, you may be tempted to try Options trading for luring rewards but remember these are ur student days and these luring rewards may turn into nightmares if u don’t manage them well.

Enjoy ur college days man! Study the markets till u are in college! Trade like a master with ur own money once u get ur job! Trading with ur money will teach you the most! All the best!

2 Likes

I said I am doing MBBS (Future Doctor🩺).
I will do PG …then may be after that I may do MBA :thinking: :man_shrugging:t2:

Thanks for your advice man! :slightly_smiling_face: :raised_hands:t2: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Bro i am also active, why you no tag me?

1 Like

I have seen zerodha posting the latest and greatest about zerodha in this forum while branding such behaviour from other users as unwanted content in this forum. So difficult for me to buy this. I understand that zerodha can promote itself in a forum managed by itself. But lets be honest about it. For me a neutral forum is one where every participant can play by the same rules.

I have also seen before hiding and unlisting of posts which are not in the best interest of zerodha.

So I would say @Srivishnu_S that this is a forum that is lightly moderated with a zerodha tilt.

Bro, I am a newbie!

I have just readed like some 40 topics!

Probably only 2-3 long topics of 600+ convos!

As that also, I have a gap of 3+ months inactivity!

So, I don’t know all the members who are active😅

I remembered only some names which gave some thoughts in my mind (may be likable or arguable)!

So, sorry for not mentioning you :sweat_smile:

And it isn’t a worthy thing to worry about​:sweat_smile::raised_hands:t2:

Anyways sorry :sweat_smile::+1:t2:!

Seems I haven’t mentioned even more members!

This will be the same reply to those members😅