Kite 3.0 - beta!

@Siva why doesn’t Console show live PL of our portfolio?

1 Like

Console is back office platform, we do processes and dump files on EOD basis. Also one can check live pnl on kite itself but without including charges and taxes.

On kite it doesn’t show, equity and MF together… Any plans to allow that in future?

1 Like

Charting space must be static instead of moving up/ down due to useless spaces or atleast give option to invoke/ appear/ disappear by a scroll button only if user wants . Please prioritise GUIs also.

@siva

@siva @nithin

One very very very good feature addition would be calculating MTM in position book based on Bid for long positions and Offer for Short position. Anyways level 1 data is already streamed to the terminal. Hence I think a simple tweek in web page will do this trick.
It will be very useful in case of illequid options.
Currently even slightly ITM/ATM Nifty options are also having higher spreads and less liquidity. Just observed hence idea came to my mind.

1 Like

@siva one day before zerodha allowed buying any strike price option in nifty and mostly all in banknifty and it was stated in margin calculator , i thought the issue is somehow fixed but today again not allowed to buy even two percent away from strike.
@nithin how would one hedge his exposure is there any way?

Agree, but 1. It will clutter the positions page. 2. Many clients will complain seeing ltp pnl is wrong because it common terminology, adding this will confuse more people.
3. After market closes we keep showing pnl based on ltp and to consider all these corner cases it is not worth doing this, I opine.

1 Like

On expiry days we don’t face any issue as most trade on that expiry options and are not carried for next day so we allow on all days but other days we have to restrict.
Once new margin framework is implemented we hope that will increase market OI and thus our OI, also we are trying to do this via other route if you are interested you can message to @MohammedFaisal

@siva

I agree to all points. Actually there is a free tool called option oracle. It has this option. It lets user choose how to calculate PnL: 1. LTP, 2. Bid/Ask, 3. Mid pt of Bid/Ask.
Hence idea came to my mind.

1. I dont think it will clutter the position page as we simply replace LTP value with Bid/Ask.
  2. I agree 100%. Its really bad for the industry overall that ppl with very less knowledge gamble and then blame brokers etc. Better option for those who want this is using API and program own terminal.

On a side note, I hope someday zerodha comes out with something comparable with Think or Swim platform. Current products are no match even to the free tool I mentioned earlier.

has FII limits back to normal which was lowered by sebi in march.

Don’t think so.

Hello @siva

I’m still seeing options of April expiry of USDINR

Why?

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Thank you @Gautam

Can something be done about treating each trades separately for the same instrument?
It’s difficult to track P/L for second and further trades @siva @nithin

1 Like

Where on kite?

In Position Tab.
for example, if we are scalping in BNF fut, it will be better if the p/l of 2nd and further trades are shown separately. Currently, one has to check his orders and calculate the p/l of each trade.

1 Like

I agree, if they show consolidated P/L in day’s history that’s fine but in positions widget, they should show each executed order/trade as a separate trade so we can see what we’ve made/lost in each trades on the same day right there.

There can be hundreds of trades in a day, to have 100 different rows in positions page won’t make any sense, infact many will be confused and it will clutter the platform.

Is it possible to have a page/option to show individual or consolidated P/L for trades?

Also why can’ we have an EXIT position option for CO orders? why do we have to navigate to the screen where we can’t see P/L of the trade i.e. from positions tab to orders tab to close/exit CO order? shouldn’t we able to exit all positions from positions page itself?

Consolidated will be available on positions page right.

CO comes with a tag, from positions one is sending a new order but CO/BO will have counter orders sitting in the system so one has to send those only.