Kite 3.0 - beta!

Check your internet connection

Faced validation pending for orders all day , cost slippages. @siva was this issue from your end or maybe my computer or internet. Or what can I do from my side for this.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic when I said check your internet… as Zerodha can never be wrong.

Yes, it was happening for quite longer than usual to place a trade. It happened to me morning 9.30 am and again after 3 pm. It was working fine in the middle of the day. I came here to check if anyone had posted something like this. I guess, now they allow MIS till 3.25 pm, being expiry day, there were overwhelming orders to process.

Not all day, at opening time for sometime we faced due to huge order flow, not from your end, will sort this soon.

@siva
Can you check for this problem.

CMP of TITAN NSE is 850

Trying to place GTT-BUY order for trigger 810 and buy price 801

It shows error:

And secondly this limit check wasn’t there before. Someone has changed the logic.
Why dont you allow me to place buy order 50% down ?
anyway, when Z checks, trigger, it will check for margin then place order at exchange.
This is absurd.
I mean obviously, GTT intention will be way below daily limit.

Edit: Its across all scrips i checked.
The only way GTT is placed if trigger and buy price is the same.

( anyway, something has changed bcos i placed many GTTs and this isnt the case even with those not yet triggered a few weeks ago)

The main issue with allowing GTT buy with limit price lesser than trigger price is that the buy order becomes a pending order most of the times, and if that happens, the entire purpose of GTT isn’t met. With the change we have made, GTT is almost guaranteed execution, unless the market moves up fast by the time the order is placed after the trigger. This is only going to benefit passive investors, who need not log in everyday to see if the GTT triggered order is executed or not.

One can give limit as equal to trigger or more than that for buy gtt and viceversa for sell GTT.

1 Like

Well I agree but it defeats the purpose of the whole idea.
You could still review it.

Those who want guaranteed execution can place a higher price if they want, but why restrict someone who wants to place it few points lower ?

You can put a note for GTT, if you want guaranteed exec, place higher. so that way everyone is happy.
Not that this will increase broker’s risk or anything ?

Also, few posts up, some critical data for GTT display was suggested. any news for adding a couple of columns ?

The main purpose of GTT is for passive investors, who won’t continuously monitor their holdings, so, execution is important. Also if some one want to buy at lower price they can give that as trigger.

No risk for broker in allowing this but many clients complained their gtt orders are not getting completed.

1 Like

We should Educate them instead of changing logic to suit them :smiley:
now if this is the case, then why have two textboxes, 1 for trigger and other for entry ?
we can remove that right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Pls discuss it with your team, i didn’t get a satisying response but i will not debate on it further but i’m sure ppl will see reasoning in my logic.
Thanks

educate those people those who did not understand the feature ,release a video for them like GTT specific feature in Zerodha Youtube channel, thats a solution

We can’t offer market orders due to slippage and for other reasons, if some wanted to act like market order they can mention limit little higher to trigger for buys.

Will look in to this.

1 Like

thanks.
Edited. kindly discuss.

@siva

no one has replied it yet, please let me know if you need any other input from me

There is no concept of stoploss for GTT, once gtt is triggered it will release order at limit set price.
Check below to know how it works.

@siva @nithin Upstox is came with pro.3

we are requesting option chain inbuild in kite to trade buy and sell , we are requesting long time , see the full video of upstox pro web 3 how they are build the web , @siva siva you told everything is possible in web , but other broker are proofing to bring those kind is reality to customer , they build super-fast beta software on the web , for better understand please watch this video , anything possible in zerodha , upstox web is clean and sharpen design looking silky design , still not any update in kite

before june 1 for hedged margin benefit upstok changed full web version and they live for test with clients for feedback , whatever the change the clients request they finalise the change and live on jun 1

but zerodha nothing happended no upcoming view to see

5 Likes

@siva sometimes candles are not forming properly.
It’s getting alright with refresh but all drawings getting erased with refreshing the chat.
What is the problem?
How to solve it?

@siva how to solve it?
Please let me know

1 Like

This happens in my charts too with chartIQ

They not even implemented Tradingview charts properly till now how can you expect these kind of changes in near future.

I agree they are first to bring a revolutionary platform in the beginning I think they are satisfied with that.

If you go through many forum threads 1 year ago they replied like “This is top priority in our list of things to do” but those things not yet implemented by them.

May be huge customer base one of the reason for their difficulty to implement.

I wish Zerodha to realise quick and make changes fast because we love Zerodha platform we love to see it in much better way…

1 Like