Kite 3 Plugin for auto trading

In Streak, they don’t put a stoploss order along with the trade entry order, unlike Kite. As the SL is always a % here, without knowing the trade entry price, you can’t decide the SL price. Here what happens is - First the entry order is placed and executed. As soon as the entry order is executed, Streak knows the exact SL price (you can see that in the Entered tab of the Live Strategies page - Entry, SL and Target prices are mention there).

Now for the SL order, Streak triggers the order as soon as it reaches the SL condition.

So your question becomes invalid here. As the entry itself was not done, the SL can’t be calculated or ordered or executed.

1 Like

What if i exit before SL condition met? Will streak still send SLM order?

I think if you exit by Streak by clicking “stop” button, it will know that you have exited and do nothing regarding this trade.

1 Like

not sure what had happened on this day, but order got fired today on 1 min candle. Cheers!

You will get your SL/SLM/exit notification, only if you have taken an entry position. If you get Entry notification and don’t take any action, the notification will remain active for 5 min after which it will become dormant. Also, lets say your Entry condition was again met after an hour, you will not get any further entry notification. You will have stop the strategy and deploy it live again to get subsequent alerts.

Hi @streak,

For the stratergy running that adds trades to paper trading, will we get the notifications from streak. Or are they added automatically by the streak itself. ?

You will get notifications for all Paper trades. The only difference is that you will not have take any actions on them.

1 Like

But it is silly that in live mode I have to confirm the SL exits also, else my loss mounts. This is illogical if you consider that I have already put my SL target and I must be out of my mind if I now want to accept higher loss.

Hi @Sandip_Chatterjee, you can take action on the SLM notification. SLM notification is sent immediately after your entry order is executed. Entry with SLM works like CO.

Let me check it :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Cover Order, one can enter only SL right?
To enter the Target, first you have to delete SL entry, then enter Target entry, right? Please correct me, if I am wrong?
@Krishnendu @ShubhS9 @Sandip_Chatterjee

@Krishnendu I don’t know if it’s the right page but I’m trying to use BO for the first time. Some things went a little over the head and then I came across a hyperlink to download and activate BO and that page was not available. Want to use. Can you help?

I didn’t find anything called an “absolute” option. I guess the SL was by ticks. Please enlighten.

I think BO is still block by Kite, even if you try to place BO order, it will get rejected.

Sir ji, if you are using the TradeRocket plugin, it should automatically take care, right? Are you asking this question considering you are not using TradeRocket?

Irrespective of TradeRocket, I agree to your point that SL should be executed without any wait for approval. It should be considered auto approved - be it SL with Limit, SLM, BO or CO.

True.
We have separate threads going on this topic as well. The answers we got from Zerodha team is - it will take some more time to enable that option and there is no specific timeline given for the same. Although VIX has already come down to 24-25 level, I don’t understand why BO is still blocked.

@Sandip_Chatterjee
As of 17th July, BO was blocked as @TradeRocket mentioned. So, BO orders will be rejected if you place them.
https://zerodha.com/marketintel/bulletin/249809/latest-intraday-leverages-mis-bo-co

You can keep an eye on the Zerodha Bulletin, they keep on updating about orders type, margin, and other important details.
https://zerodha.com/marketintel/bulletin/

Regarding the “absolute” option, please write to [email protected].

You are right Sir, I was asking outside of the TR option. Yes, Kite should not wait for SL execution.

And with TR ON, I had my SL NOT executed. Is this only me?

I’m now using no screensaver and hard disk always ON options but see no improvement.

@Krishnendu

No, I couldn’t PLACE a BO at all as I did not understand how it worked, especially the stop loss units. I was reading the help section and came to the non active hyperlink as I stated.

Still the site says below:

Can you please clarify what is the volatility number, at which the BO will be reopened for us to use?

I didn’t face such issue in near past. May be @Streak can help.