Kite charts update - Trading from charts, and more

Please go through this.

@siva
For scrips in which you have disabled market orders doesn’t make sense to place limit orders on the chart no matter where you try to place it on the chart?
Right now for options, if it is currently trading at 14.25 and I want to buy that, I try to trade at that price and tells me that I can’t place a market order or even when I want to place an order from the chart for 14.35 it gives me the SL-M orders are disabled
I understand that for scrips with better liquidity this is a good option to have access to Limit, Market and SL-M orders via the chart but then for scrips where market orders have been disabled due to less liquidity shouldn’t trading via the chart give limit orders wherever it is placed?
This makes sense to me and is kind of annoying that to get the LTP I have to place a limit at a lower price and then drag to modify it to the current price and options move quickly and you are left nothing in the end :))
I hope this has been bought up before/ is currently in the works/ will be considered
Thanks

Can the TV charts be enhanced with the ability to add the price alerts, just how it is available in Trading View website? Will be a great help. Also, some of the indicators available in the other charting tool (in Zerodha) like volume profile, is not available in Trading View charts. Is it possible to integrate the indicators?

Thanks!

@ShubhS9 please check time of your comment and why its still not available in kite mobile application
You guys are working on it or just playing game and trying to make yourself busy???!!

Hello @nithin,
Its been almost two years that Trading from Chart feature was introduced on kite along with some new indicators like CPR and Anchored VWAP. These features were also received for the Mobile app initially but were later withdrawn as there were some issues. These features have still not made a comeback on Mobile App. When can we expect them on Kite Mobile.
Also as zerodha is dependent on third party vendor for its charting library, are you creating your own inhouse charting solution and is there a possibility in near future when traders can code their own indicators and strategies on chart as we can do in TV platform.

Chartiq upgrade is in the testing phase. Likely to be ready in the next month.

Nope.

On our to-do list.

It’s been couple of months. Any update.

Here, Amar. We’ve released a new version of ChartIQ in beta on Kite web: Chartiq Upgrade is Live on Kite

The recent updates are very helpful @ShubhS9 .
But my real concerns are about the updated to mobile app chart updates.
The updated charts were made available more than 2 years ago on the mobile app. They had some minor bugs. We are still awaiting the bug fixes.
Any updates till when can we expect them on Mobile app. Also, any plans to upgrade TV charts?

We’re working on making new update available on Kite app as well. Trading View update too is in works. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

@nithin @ShubhS9 So if I’m not wrong there are these 3 Forex Pairs namely USDJPY, EURUSD, and GBPUSD allowed by the exchanges to be traded in the CDS segment. Didn’t find them in Kite Search Bar…

Hey @CN_ib, currently we do not allow trading in the Cross Currency pairs.

@ShubhS9 So, are there any work under progress on the same :slight_smile: Would love to hear something on the same matter.

horizontal line price edit and plot particular price feature still missing

Thank you @ShubhS9 for keeping your word and delivering the kite mobile update.

@nithin @ShubhS9
we can use highlighted area for chart tool bar in iq8 beta chart. The current chart toolbar takes up unnecessary space on the chart

This is the standard interface of most charting libraries; the chart menus are at the top, and the range period (1 D, 5 D, 1 M, 3M …etc) is at the bottom. Moving the chart menu bar to the bottom may disrupt the user experience. This is our vendor’s product. We’ll see if there’s anything we can do to improve this section.

1 Like

This is ema applied on the trading view chart layout.

This is happened because I wanted to look for the candles too closely, and it was not allowing me to do so.
So, adjusted candles by changing up/down direction in the number column (right hand) just like done in tradingview.in.

This lead to changes in the position of the candles but not to the indicator position, it remains as before.

Please fix this.

Also just a request, please upgrade trading view experience here before other players do.
It is simply better at other brokers.

does anyone have answers to it ? or I am just blabbering.

That’s getting adjusted properly for me. Can you DM me your client id to investigate further.

It is under testing and will be ready soon.