Kite charts update - Trading from charts, and more

Just fyi,Intraday profits won’t be added now, next time take a screenshot and message me.

does tat mean if i took mis trade and say made 5k and didn’t take any other trade option premium column would show 0 as against -5k previosuly

Right, intraday profits are not added now.

okay , that was the reason the reason for miscalculation for couple of days . Just a suggestion that you could keep it as it was before if possible , specially for person making both nrml and mis positions it was useful to know eod of the day amount which would from would not be possible diretcly from kite and honestly kite was only platform i know which provided it.

Intraday profits can’t be given in margin now as per new SEBI regulations, but will try to do few changes in coming days atleast to show them separately.

1 Like

Is it just me or kite ios has been slow and bugging for last week or so…after login screen gets blacked out…so have to login again…charts are too slow to load…and now ‘invalid instrument’ message appears when ‘event’ is tapped…is there an update due or something wrong with my phone?

Happend with me then I reinstalled it

@siva

I feel insulted by this response; cause we discussed this and others earlier and agreed on few things. But lets keep the useless feelings aside, because it is not productive and importantly the kite web behavior has changed now, if I am correct , in just the last few days. It really changed a lot.

So … have your team has done anything, especially in last few days?

There were many updates to browsers since we started discussing this issue. So I am not sure if this changed behavior is due to browser update or your updates. If you had not done anything, Then I should probably keep my workarounds. So I am asking.

– Thanks

I meant no one faced issues with trading or order related because of that.

Yeah, we did some optimizations.

Well, it works great. 3 hours and the dashboard page still under 75MB. Now I can stop closing-and-reopening kite-web tabs periodically. Even better, now I can keep multiple charts open (because closing dashboard tab affects charts and now I dont have to do that). :slight_smile:

Kite web and mobile both use very thin and small sized fonts. There is also lot of space wasted around text boxes and other components. Lot of space is wasted … to the point we have to scroll in many places.

You can just compare with upstox mobile app; compare the bigness, thinness of the fonts in the kite market watch. Especially compare how many scrips we can see without scrolling in upstox vs kite mobile mkt watch.

I guess, how much ever the usability suffers, you wont change these because it is kind of branding and identification. right? Zerodha website and tools also has the same space issue. and it is even worse… they are using light colored, thin fonts. I dont know what to call this approach? ignorance? may be … sadism? Or may be, I am not in the real world where everyone uses 15+" MacBook Pros or something with super high resolution displays and state of art font rendering.

Workflow things wise … I guess some things are fixed in kite mobile already. If we go to order window from chart and go back … it was not going to chart, it was going to mkt-watch. That seems to be fixed now. But improvements (more like … big changes) are still required in many places. Two clicks to chart on mobile; and there too, second click is to be on a tiny text. Many times I have to also swipe up the popped up box to access the chart link. There are many things like this. Compare this to upstox. It remembers your previous selection; when touching on a watchlist item, it goes to mkt-depth or chart or … as per your last use.

One can. But that does not mean they are very happy with the way software works. You can search here in forums and see so many people complaining about Kite. Many dont point at the specific items. So they were brushed aside. But I remember one case, where the person complained that putting an order and getting back an update/reply … the round trip … is too much. It is so obvious he meant the user feedback on sending orders. And … he was silenced by blaming his internet connection and boasting some high numbers on how many orders the kite back-end processes. I am not so much inclined to search and give a link to that discussion. But I am sure you get the point already.

Kite is so stable and reliable now. The chartIQ charts, at-least to me, feels like very correctly balanced on usability and features (on a broader note). Number of ticks received per second has improved. Even better, when switching to mobile app after using some other application, the ticks resuming feels like instantaneous. Loading chart used to take long time in mobile. Now they are very fast and quick.

All these are good. But using kite still feels clumsy, because of the earlier points like hard to read text, scrolling in otherwise unneeded places, etc etc.

I guess I don’t have to go on and on… about the same thing.

PS: I really did not want to comment/complaint about kite anymore. But now I got little happier with the memory fix … sorry… optimizations.

To open chart in new window you have to do so by selecting Pop-Out Chart Option, when you click on 3 dots you will see this option.

Click on the pop-out icon, this will open chart in new window.

I’ve tried it. Click on the highlighted area, it will open the Pop-Out chart.

i checked in my end in chrome browser it works fine in my end

1 Like

Can you message me ticket number.

Screen size is 20 inches, Still price points are not visible. Really very small. If i increase the browser settings to adjust, Market depth & order books are getting disturbed. Please consider to increase the size of price points @siva

In the new order window, earlier the default buy or sell quantity was 0 and now it is 1.

so when you place an order, start typing 100, the quantity filled is 1100.
Did anyone noticed this?

@siva

1 Like

Default is 1, but yeah let me check this.

1 Like

Got it, will keep the old behavior in a day or two, earlier also it used to show 1 but used to select it when clicked on that box, now that’s not happening.

2 Likes

Is there anyway to disable trade from charts? couldn’t find?

1 Like