[Kite Feature Request] Show/Hide some scrips in Holdings View

Hi all,

Firstly, I request/urge zerodha staff to kindly read this topic fully. Other friends having same issue/need may please attract the attention of zerodha staff to this topic.

I have various holdings for two purposes - Real long term (real long term accumulation for retirement corpus that I won’t be selling under normal circumstances) as well as Regular short/mid/long term trading.

I often trade/place orders from kite holdings view (and many other users do that too) and all the clutter makes my head spin sometimes and hence cannot concentrate on the regular trading holdings. I guess there are many such friends here who are facing the same for years now.

I came across this topic and the use of tags doesn’t suit me as a permanent solution. I’d also avoid the 3rd party browser script trick as I’d always stick to an official no-hack solution.

I don’t know how zerodha internally stores their data or the code running underneath (devs are there for that), but I propose an alternative but easier to code/implement solution/idea described below:

THE IDEA :
BACKEND : The tags system is already functioning and operative. I also see some reserved tags like “IPO” used internally by zerodha. How about having another reserved tag “HIDDEN”? Each scrip the user has chosen to hide will be tagged “HIDDEN”. Other scrips will not have this tag, oppositely.

FRONTEND : Kite Holdings Page> Add column before “Instrument” > Show/hide icon toggle (for filtering scrips displayed).
Each row underneath show/hide icon will have a corresponding checkbox for marking hidden. When ticked, particular scrip will be tagged “HIDDEN” instantaneously and the current view listing be updated.

When icon shows open eye, all scrips are shown. On clicking it, icon changes to crossed eye, only scrips without “HIDDEN” tag are shown.

This should need minimum coding/interface/layout changes by the dev team and use very little screen/DB space.

Please think about it and share your thoughts, everyone…

2 Likes

There is a problem in your idea. I or any person buys some stock for real long term but he also adds some more qty of the same stock if he wants to trade in that. Then your hide/unhide technique won’t work.
But all types of ideas has to come and then only we can analyse the pros and cons of each idea.

Do check out the tagging feature on Console, using it you can tag and sort holdings according to your preferences. We’re also working on bringing this to Kite. More on tags here: