Kite Feature Request

I agree with this, can we have “absolute” as well as “%” change value showing in the watchlist of Kite Web as it already shows on Kite mobile app?

1 Like

Ah yeah, this is on our list of things to do. @Arockiya_Raja can you check the status and update here.

This required a drastic change in UI. We are looking for a perfect way to implement this.

1 Like

Just how much memory/CPU can kite web on firefox browser consume or any other browser if that data is available?

I used to think it was the sensibull which was loading the ram upto 80%.
Today I realized it was kite-web application.
As soon as I closed the Kite-web pages, sensibull option chain tabs eased out and did ok.

kite_web_loading

Added the task-manager snapshot just for an approximate number.
Hope the question is not disregarded saying data is insufficient… but you guys know the numbers better.

If you can show some numbers here, as to why this is happening, then I can plan better resources/upgrade my RAM or plan a GPU just to run kite-web on firefox!

Any inputs from the zerodha tech team @ShubhS9 @siva is appreciated

Thanks

Your PC is running with 2GB RAM? Let me check this.

its 8 GB RAM. During expiry or after 2.30 PM, i usually have 1 kite tab and couple of Sensibull tabs with option chain.
When I checked, Firefox is hogging upto ~4 GB as often seen. And considering my other apps consume max upto 300-400 MB which I run very few of them and i dont use Chrome which is another blot on the RAM.

So posted the observation. Its good to check and reason it out, for the better of understanding and addressing problem if any.

@nithin @Sensibull in the sensibul option chain shown by kite can we not add one row at bottom to provide column total for ce/pe OI and change in OI, will provide a basic sense of change in overall mkt sentiment on the option chain itself

This is very tricky to calculate. A tab with a ticker will consume at least 100MB easily. Memory consumption will go up when we let more tabs open. just one kite page + 2 sensibull pages unlikely to use 4 GB RAM. If you see kite using more resources, you shall raise a ticket here, we will have it checked. We checked it from our end, memory utilization by kite looks normal.

@Arockiya_Raja Thanks for checking with the backend. But the problem is present like an elephant in the room.
Please check with @Sensibull folks and sort out the RAM/CPU loading issues. May be since SENSIBULL is related party company, please advice them to check it out/help them.

Zerodha anyways has been refusing to provide option chain since long.
@Sensibull is feature rich but unusable as it may the one which is loading RAM/CPU.
NSEINDIA.COM is like some archaic website worse than govt organizations.

Option chain on NSEINDIA looks like this since market close yesterday.

Its best for SEBI to ban option trading for retailers since no-one provides them with reliable data.

what could be the reason Kite-web behaves like the following?
CTRL+F5, closing/opening of tab, browser nothing worked . Network is fine, thats checked out.

Untitled3

Not sure if am the only stupid person in the world facing all these hurdles and have no solution.

1 Like

hi @Arockiya_Raja @Sensibull
Attached is another incidence of heavy drag on the browser.

I had closed Kite tab, only “3 sensibull option chain” tabs are open with another inactive tab which consumes abt 150 MB of memory, no CPU load
This has loaded my RAM, ~25% CPU on firefox.

@Sensibull , believe you folks may have already tested and performance is bench marked on different browsers.
Any idea why am facing this issue with only KITE/SENSIBULL time and again (again… firefox is the browser)
Its really frustrating that response after a tab-click is after3-4 minutes. Not sure whats happening here.

Please check the below snapshot

Any reply from @Sensibull is appreciated.
Anyway zerodha doesnt provide the option chain and always point to you guys. Dont know why they do that?

Does zerodha evaluate performance of a product offered to its customer before on-boarding?

Thanks

=======================================================

Today is 17-DEC-2021
hi @Sensibull , not sure if these messages are reaching you, are you checking at your end or am just shouting to the sky
One more instance today with JUST 2 Tabs in firefox
(I had to kill firefox as it got HIJACKED by sensibull option chain tabs)

Thanks if you have taken notice
Else stupid me!

@economiconed why don’t you reach sensibull via email or chat support.

Email id [email protected].

Chat Support

Write to sensibull on Chat Support on the website. It is shown as ‘CS’ on the left-hand-side navigation bar after logging in with a broker or Google.

hi @Arockiya_Raja thanks for the suggestion.
Am bringing the issue to this forum as KITE doesnt provide option chain and points to sensibull which has performance issues. So actually it will be really effective and faster if ZERODHA checks with them.

Else layman;'s voices arent heard by big-people sitting at the top!
Zerodha is more approachable that way!

Thanks!

@nithin Hi u may find this funny but can we have a feature wherein once logged in kite mobile or web the site gives audio alert of the index/scrip (that im tracking/trading) levels at say every 15-30 seconds interval.

i like day trading but at times keeping eyes fixed on the screen when market is going nowhere and i have a open position stops me from doing many other things at home (say checking email, doing dishes,…)

(I know there are whatsap/sms alert facilities available but u may miss to check that alert has come)

It’s like when i pay by paytm at shop the shopkeeper gets an audio alert about receipt of payment and he need not check his phone and keep on doing his work.

I know this may sound like a Saturday sily thought :slight_smile:

if this feature is already there in Zerodha tradingview etc please share

hmm… :slight_smile: u mean like something that will read out the price of different stocks? Every 15 to 30 seconds? If you are tracking multiple stocks wouldn’t it keep reading out prices through the day?

1 Like

i admitted to sounding wierd,

can restrict to one stock /index having open position if that makes it possible…works only when u tick the option on… .else ignore, thanks

1 Like

Pl add feature to see Holdings breakup from watch list

A couple of feature requests
@siva @nithin

1. Ability to trade from the chart itself. (and see the Buy/Sell price on the chart as a different colored line maybe?)

2. In the 'Baskets feature, Let us say I have 3 buy positions and 3 sell positions, There should be a ‘One Button’ to reverse all the trades in the Baskets order, for us to close the trade. (all buys becomes sells and vice versa)
    I feel this should be very similar to the Toggle button in the trading window.

2 Likes

@adithyarmsh,

Thanks for the feedback, we have these features on our to-do.

In P&F (Point and Figure) charting, can we have box / reversal size based on % (percentages). Currently available option in kite are fixed and ATR based.

Thanks.