Kite Feature Request

@ShubhS9 So we can short any far otm overnight? Restrictions only on naked far otm buying overnight

Right, you can short option at any strike price. The restriction is only for naked long options.

2 Likes

It would be nice,

If we get an SMS and Email alert, If Profit/Loss crosses a level set by the user.

It can be a paid feature (charging 100rs maybe per month), if that makes it feasible.

1 Like

@nithin @siva @ShubhS9

Hi team,

Any update about the 4H time frame in Kite-trading view charts ? Its been almost a year I am requesting it here, still no update.

Also tradingview.com has nice feature to insert sections / separators in watchlist can we have them in Kite please ?

@nithin @siva @ShubhS9

please reply if possible or not ?

The full trading view features are not available in Kite. FYERS provide these because they seem to have taken first mover advantage in tying up with tradingview back in 2017. Even if Zerodha guys wan’t tradingview may not be willing to provide them the full featured charting library due to tie up with FYERS.

FYERS and ZERODHA are brokers in India and Trading View is a ‘global’ entity with established and leading products., they don’t give a damn whether its Zerodha or Fyers.

And TV definitely want business from as many broking firms as as possible, they will not make a stupid decision about locking their product with certain player (in this case FYERS).

It is just a matter of broker licensing the tech from TV and integrating with your current services.

Talk to TV guys and you would probably get my point. The logic being if they are already in tie up with some one to promote their platform in a country it wouldn’t be nice of them to hurt their partner interest by tying up with another guy in the same region.

TV does give a free charting library for any one to use but this is not full featured.

Kite feature request
MTM stop-loss orders. Allow us to exit all positions automatically when a certain MTM loss is reached. MTM target profit would be a nice bonus but MTM loss exit is much needed.
I could avoid looking at pnl on many days.

1 Like

Ya same thing been asking for many days now, max loss set, positions auto exit on max loss hit. Helps to avoid revenge trading

1 Like

There is no need for TV to promote or endorse its products, its the other way around.

Tell me one Indian produced / developed platform that is head to head with TV in terms of functionality and usability ?

TV is not a petty small time player to make compromising micro deals.

May be licensing cost or integration with existing infra is the the issue.

See this

2 Likes

Its a paid subscription through FYERs.
But Zerodha offers most functionality of TV charts for free.
Zerodha can also do the same if they want to.
At end of day what matters is user getting the service at nominal costs.

Time to switch to Fyers.

The charting library upgrade is in line. We will work on this after the upgrade.

I will check if that is feasible on the kite.

1 Like

Much appreciated, thank you.

@Arockiya_Raja

Anything in pipeline to trade from charts in TEAM VIEWER charting ?? I know its there on ChartIQ. Its a long long old request and was said to be coming years back. Any update as of now ??

Kite notifications in the web browser should come with audio notifications,just like order square off,accepted etc etc. With offices opening up and wfh ending at many corporates one may not be able to continuously look at charts or the browser screen to look for a triggered alert. A audio notification would be very helpful. Tradingview already has audio based alerts built in and given zerodha’s tie up with tradingview for its charting functionality etc zerodha should implement the same.

Secondly i would also like to suggest zerodha @nithin @siva a office mode for kite where the positions page is blured on web browser(desktop) since offices are now opening up and with people walking by behind one’s desk can see live positions if the positions,orders page is open.

This doesn’t sound very ethical.

If I were zerodha I would first try to fix the things that were advertised work well like 20 level market depth

Then basic features like full blown option chain in Kite like other broker apps now come with.

1 Like