Layouts on tradingview charts, how to save and load?

@siva @nithin

I am using tradingview charts on Kite. Every time I open a new chart, I am forced to go apply the layout. The behavior seems to be different on tradingview.com, why is it?

2 Likes

Let me first explain for the rest how to save and load a layout, and template.

Assume you changed the up candle color to blue from the default green by clicking or make any other layout changes (non-indicator changes) like changing theme, multi chart view, etc.

You will have to save this as a layout as shown below to be able to be used when you close the chart and initiate it again.

When you initiate the charts again, this is how you load the layout. When you load a layout, the scrip which was used when saving also gets loaded. You will have to then change the scrip through the search bar to whatever you want.

Indicators and time frame (1min, 5min, etc) can be saved as a template along with being able to be saved in the layout. You can have only one default template at a time and whenever you initiate a TV chart, it opens up with saved default template. Unlike in ChartIQ charts where templates get autosaved, in TV you have to explicitly click to save. We will soon have autosave on this as well.

For those of you who wan’t to change the default layout (candle color, theme, multi chart layout), loading the layout every time might seem cumbersome. Especially if the layout loads with a certain scrip and then you having to change it. We are speaking to the TV team on this.

Why is the behavior different on tradingview.com?

On TV, chart is omnipresent unlike in Kite where charts are initiated when requested. So what happens on TV is that since the layout once opened remains on the platform always, the layout is always saved. We use TV only for the charting component and they currently don’t have the ability to have layouts being saved like templates which opens by default when a chart is initiated. We are speaking to them on this and will update here when they have a fix. Until then, if you use TV charts, you’d have to take the extra step to load a layout whenever you close charts and start again.

7 Likes

@nithin seeing TV popularity worldwide, want to know how many kite users migrated to TV on ur platform.
You can skip the question if u want

1 Like

Not yet announced it , just here and who ever figured it out.

Dint got this, appreciate if can drop mail to me @tsiva@zerodha.com with little more explanation, also this is on web or app?

1 Like

Like Siva said, we haven’t publicly announced to our clients yet, waiting on the Kite 3 mobile to be out, which has TV charting on it. We will share the numbers once it is out.

1 Like

Can you put a screenshot of it.

how can i access saved TV charts drawing and layout on other machine ?

Are these saved chart layouts browser specific? I mean on the same laptop I’m able to see the chart layouts in Chrome but not in firefox… is this normal?

2 Likes

Yes, it is normal.

2 Likes

Can’t do much about this for now but wondering how many will keep changing systems regularly? also most of the traders are using their mobile to trade.

2 Likes

Also I can see that we can save a max of 10 Chart Layouts in TV… What if I’ve 20 charts to track? Once I do tech analysis today and I wish to see the chart after 2 days how can I go about this when only 10 charts can be saved???

On each layout, max 8 stocks can be saved at a time, can use that to save upto 80 stocks.

2 Likes

How to do that? Can you please let me know?

Select the square box as shown below.

2 Likes

@siva I have two PCs. Work PC and Home PC. The changes, I do on chart layout in Home PC in are not reflecting in my work PC. And also vice versa. How tradingview stores this layout in PC? Is there any cookie setting which can be copied and use in another PC.?

We will be coming out with something similar in coming days, then this should be possible.

2 Likes

Please do it as soon as possible guyz…Its really frustrating

No, web and app are totally different.

2 Likes

Layouts on mobile is fine, people won’t change phones frequently, I believe.

3 Likes