Loksabha election trading strategies!

Election results have higher impact but still 1000 points is costly for a strangle. Option buyers will lose if market moves partially on expiry and remaining on the day after expiry. It’s probably better to purchase 30th May expiry options.

yeah … also the results will be digested a bit after exit polls …
i am not going to carry anything on the counting day :slight_smile:

but again there might be people who take directional bets k

@AnandaRaj - You mean short call/put ladder which are theoritically have unlimited profits

Sorry about the confusion, the strategy name I mentioned might be wrong. I will post the link here

Bear call ladder

Bull put ladder
http://www.avasaram.com/tutorials/options/tutorialLauncherOptions.jsp;jsessionid=26FAFB61A8A36CEA9E59009630263FCE.server1?tutorial=Bull%20Put%20Ladder

The key to profit in this strategy is choosing the right strike price. I will share my idea when the premium drops (either Friday or Monday)

2 Likes

Thanks so much

1 Like

I am keep out, trading till election day…

1 Like

Did strangle in weekly bank nifty after 3pm and BN rewarded me immediately . :smile_cat:
Cashed out some of the profits in the end ( closing price will be 770-775 instead of LTP 836 ).

I still expect mkt to move up or down by tomorrow and premiums to stay high atleast till friday closing.

ps:-
25k in nifty is expiry day trade

2 Likes

done with my LS trade …
got overall 2.5L in this election trade …

probably will do one more trade , if the premiums crash on monday after exit poll results are out …

1 Like

Are they providing margins for option buying too ? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Congrats for the good profit :bouquet:

1 Like

anybody provides for buying ? :confused:

Just curious

asthatrade

oh … i have account with astha , used it for 2 weeks and decided to withdraw all my money …
ODIN’s basked order UI is really really bad which is a must for me … whats the brokerage they charge now , any idea ?
It was 10rs per lot for me when i opened it

how you place basket order…
which platform?

using NEST now … just add orders to the basket and place it
best thing abt NEST basket is that we can add orders to the basked from watchlist ( opens the basket order window
with the default contract details )

i write option for which they charge 30 rs per lot which is actually less than zerodha along with huge margin benefit.

1 Like

Poor review for their android app. Which application are you using to trade with them ? How long does it take for pay out?

Brokerage is per lot not per order so high brokerage unless i m in good profit.

I too was thinking of long straddles. However, the premiums are not just high, they are exorbitant.

Shorting 12000 quantity Nifty CE. What was the margin required?

approximately 6.5k per lot max … 11 to 11.5L max

1 Like