Looks like Kite charts have gotten an update. Can someone tell me everything new?

@nithin The new charts look great, but what all has changed in this version of Kite charts?

1 Like

This is going to be a long one, let me do one at a time:slight_smile: Suggest you look at this video and manual to get a basic idea of charting on Kite. Like many things in life, any change is going to take a bit to get used to.

Lot more data and an extremely easy way to check both short and extremely long trend by clicking on the buttons 1d to all. We have the end of day data for stocks starting 1996 and intraday data from Feb 2015 (more than anyone else out there). Below is a 21-year chart of Shipping Corporation Of India. The new charting version is nimble even when handling large amounts of data.

We haven’t yet adjusted corporate actions for all stocks before 2006. Working on getting it done.

Based on the period selected, candle time frame by default changes from 1 min to 1 month. For example, if you are looking at 20-year chart, each candle is a month by default, but you can change it to your preference.

3 Likes

LTP and % change on the chart. Also a new info box with Open High Low Close Volume (OHLCV)

Info box on top of LTP point of the chart (To see this view you need to disable crosshair which is the + icon next to info, and click on info box twice).
Click the info box again to disable the above view and see info on top left of the chart

Search by exchange and segments from all scrips added across the 5 watchlist on Kite.

Save templates/views with ease. Add studies and indicators and save as view. Load any other scrip and select the view to apply the same set of studies.

1 Like

Please make night view ‘black’ instead of blue or please let the user select if he/she wants it to be black or blue.

Custom settings for bar/brick size on renko, range etc.

Easier to remove studies/indicators, right from the panel.

Another easier way remove studies or change the settings

We are working on enabling the search feature and showing indicator points on right axis of the chart.

Many more drawing tools. Best to disable crosshair and info box when using the drawing tools.

If using charting on mobile, keep crosshair and info box disabled for better experience. It wasn’t possible earlier to draw on the mobile app.

Required to swipe left/right on the mobile screen to see more data. If crosshair/infobox/drawing tools enabled, two finger swipe to drag the chart left/right.

4 Likes

Hello,

There few concerns on the new update.

1. I cannot see exact levels of moving averages and other indicators on y axis.
  2. Once I set time frame to let say 15 min, it automatically switched to 1min when i pop out the window.
  3. Info box details are overlapping the charts. It would be better if it is done in previous way.
  4. There is no search panel in studies bar. I have to scroll it to last if i have to use indicators like super trend etc
1 Like

1/2. Looking at having this fixed.
3. You have two options of info bar. The second option doesn’t overlap. Check the screenshot above.
4. Yes, looking at sorting this soon

There is no black theme in Android app.time frame default is 1min though I saved 10 min several times.lot of overlappings.please make it user friendly.

Please see the attachment which shows second option info box overlapping few bars.

Elder impulse indicator : If i plot this the bullish bearish and the neutral bars shows me only black bars,it should show me green for bullish, red for beearish and blue for neutrl but this doesnot work
please fix this

Looking good but some concerns are here:

1. there should be some area reserved for horizontal line marking and other drawing on right side of the chart just before y-axis.
  2. Why there are two different areas for time period? one at top of the chart and another one at bottom right of the chart ? they could be adjusted at the top of the chart too and share button can also be adjusted at top. and bottom area can be used to show more screen area for chart.
  3. buy and sell marker with stop loss on chart can be another top feature. in which stop loss can be directly adjustable from the chart.

however they are trying their best to deliver what is expected always from a tech company bcoz zerodha is more tech than a broker.

Best wishes

How can i change candle color I dont see any option where i can change the chart candle color.

Agree with your concerns, i hope zerodha fixes this issues ASAP.

Hi Nithin,

thanks for a wonderful update can you please let us know how can we change the candle color as i am not able to find the option.

Hi Nithin,
I joined zerodha, due to its simple look and style which was very impressive and fast to load. But looking at current makeover, it seems Zerodha team making it little vibrant and heavy too.
Earlier view was very good and with full of required things in charts with no complaints earlier.

Cons in current design:
1.We can not type and search indicators in charts
2. When we scroll graph to left side to check old candlestick chart, it was earlier showing date somewhere in top or right side, but now we have to enable crosshair curser and take it on candle stick to check, which date, we are on the graph
3. Volumn graph is pasted with glue to all charts. Even if I remove and save view without it, it again appears when I navigate graph from one script to other. There is no way to get rid of it.

I could quickly note these many changes. I am afraid now since I am not sure how I will trade with new chart system. Please gimme best luck.

Regards,
Rupesh

5 Likes