Looks like Kite charts have gotten an update. Can someone tell me everything new?

I agree with you Rupesh. Earlier version was so simple and easy. Zerodha always gives us good updates and I really appreciate for their hardwork but this time it seems they made it more complicated. There was no need of separate crosshairs and info button. Looks like there are many unnecessary changes. I started feeling uncomfortable about trading with new update.

3 Likes

It seems that the refresh button is missingā€¦plus the fibo tool doesā€™nt hav options to add custom levelsā€¦bringing both of these back would be great

3 Likes

Also I am using iPhone 6 Plus. Earlier version itself was little cumbersome to operate, in comparison to android version, but somehow I took over it.
Now with the latest changes, scrolling up and down is completely restricted. We have to look at unaligned view, in IOS.
Portrait and landscape mode, in IOS, lagi padi hai dostā€¦,
Looking at the changes, it seems there wasnā€™t any necessity to get a makeover at all. Atleast I am not seeing any good addition of feature, which was really missing since long time and added now.
There was always a change required in terms of good app in IOS. But the new look is quite a overhead to operate and making me uncomfortable to work on Kite on longer time.

Regards,
Rupesh

There are some issues with this new charting system. You could have restored the old chart settings from the database. For a newbie like me, loosing old settings means starting all over again.

The most serious problem is - Chart Settings (preferences) are not being saved. After login, I have to create the chart by entering each study manually. And changes are not saved even after pressing ā€œSave Preferencesā€. I tried it with different browsers. This is fraustrating. Unable to close Volume section permanently. I prefer to close Volume, as it frees up the precious screen space.

Before implementing changes, you should test changes through a beta. Thatā€™s how changes are implemented in busy websites. To avoid overlaping the bars, you can use transparent background for the title and info box. Allowing users to customize the colors would be great. Or at least provide a good dark theme.

Hope your developers are working on the issues. Please donā€™t ruin an otherwise almost perfect system!

4 Likes

In the previous version i was able to use horizontal lines as a marking for support and resistance levelsā€¦which used to remain in the system whenever I reload the chartā€¦but now those levels canā€™t be retrieved after markingā€¦saved chart also doesnā€™t load ā€¦

thanks for the update in kite guys , but the scrip name and details looks way too big and it mask the candle on smaller windows ,plus The OHLC CAN BE SHIFTED TO THE RIGHT HAND CORNER ,all the details get clustered in left hand side and it looks confusing on a day trader perspectiveā€¦try to atleast give a option to move those things wherever the trader want to place . for me the older version is far better and simple ā€¦this time our team has over shot the update a bit ā€¦hope i guess this is not a final version of the update, with high regards thank u.

yeah very true ā€¦the older version was a simpler one ,

seeing all the comments seems like i am not the only one who dint like the new update ā€¦seriously i stopped trading today jus becos the new update is nothing but confusionā€¦1 ohlc details is messed up before it was open close in first row and high low on second row , with date and volume next to it ,now ohlc details is messed upā€¦no matter what volume gets to enter the setup on all refresh and fresh login ā€¦popout option jus vanished before 10minā€¦SERIOUSLY WHO ASKED A CHANGE IN CHART PATTERNS , WHY CHANGE A SYSTEM WHICH IS ALREADY PERFECT , now we need to adapt to all this unneccesary changs , and its goin to take lot of time ā€¦IN SIMPLE WORDS U GUYS MADE A CHROME BROWSER UPDATE TO INTERNET EXPLORER

1 Like

Dear Kite Team!

• All my support and resistance, and studies are GONE!
  • I have to now start all over again on 20 something stocks that I watching/studying!
  • CANNOT refresh screen! (refresh button is gone or at least not easily locatable)

Its like changing the car controls while your users are trying to learn the car!

Request for future changes:

• please make sure the new system/ UI upgrades import old user settings.
  • and that they ā€œimproveā€ on features, not ā€œchangeā€ old features with new buttons/methodology!

I hope the feedback will help improve things for future!

3 Likes

Hi Zerodha Team,
It would be good if old backup is restored and rolled back to old simple and light design.
Today I could not trade for longer time, due to automatic resetting of charts and indicators which I configured and saved as my personal view.
I observed, when I was navigating to different script chart, shockingly saved view also for disappeared which irritated while trading (that too during crucial morning session)

Design and features are two different things, hence we feel features can be added without changing the design, which will also retain userā€™s comfort with the desige while trading. Please think about it.

Any new thing will have some hiccups.

Need patience. Change is part of life.

Feedback is noted, for this one time can you create views again also refresh button is available on top of menu bar, before popout chart option. If not you can clear web cache for the same to appear.

1 Like

These will be sorted soon,if one donā€™t want to view OHLC box it can removed by clicking on info column which is on menu bar.

You can add all your indicators and save it under views, also about other points you mentioned will be addressed very soon.

Hi Zerodha Team,

Colours for Elder Impulse system are not showing up . Please correct it.

Regards,
Richard

Roger, we are working on this.

dear nithin, there are no words to describe the super efficient and innovative entity called ā€œzerodhaā€- am in love with the whole thing-:heart_eyes:
the new charting system in KITE is also cool. hiccups are there and they are getting solved - as expected by the super efficient ā€˜team zerodhaā€™ but i have a request ; can you please get this 1min chart as standard thingy get sorted out ASAP? every time a new window/pop up or refresh is hit the charts get to 1 min every time. I am sure you guys are fixing stuff at random but i think this needs priority ā€¦

Dear zerodha
Using popout charts more than 2 charts . live data to remaining charts were not working. please solve this probelem ASAP

Nothing like that we noticed, it is working fine from our end, can you write to [email protected] on this with screenshots.

Hi
Liking this ā€˜new improvedā€™ version, however, how can one adjust the fibonacci %'s? The default ones are limitedā€¦am badly missing the previous ā€˜settingsā€™ tab where one could adjust what all % one wanted to includeā€¦?
thanks