Looks like Kite charts have gotten an update. Can someone tell me everything new?

thanks for the reply …i sorted out how to remove the option , but ohlc is indeed necessary for trading so if u can give a option to move to the other corner like the older version it will be helpful …

In studies under chart i.e RSI,MACD etc, at the end of the horizontal line it should should show the page end value and it should change as we move the page sideways. its perfect in before update version. Please check before version update and also have good testing team.

i aint no expert but i felt this setup very odd …so i took time to mention this …may be this might not be a big thing to work on but i feel small scale traders who trade on smaller screens will definetly be disturbed …the older version seems to be plain and simple

Same with me all the setting are geting reset…pathetic update

How do I get the open/high/low/close information on my candlestick bars. Earlier when I hover over the bar, I used to be able to see them, that is missing with the new version?

Click on the info box on the top right-hand corner once to get a floating infobox or click on it twice to get the OHLC value at the top of the chart window.

Some cons with the new version of kite:

1. In the new version of kite the date and time of the candle are not shown along with OHLC . We have to enable the crosshair to get the date/time. Even then the OHLC values are at the top and the time/date is shown at the bottom separately, it makes it difficult to follow. Although the info box option shows all this information together, the arrangement of OHLC values and date/time was perfect in the older version.

2. The option to popup charts to separate tab is missing. It helped me to keep both charts and order book open at the same time in different tabs. Now every time i open the order book to modify an order, i have to go back and click the graph icon to get back to the charts. It takes more time than toggling between screens.

Please rectify these issues in the next update

Pros of the new version

1. Ability to save views/templates
  2. Now we can have a dark background theme for the charts
  3. The charts comparison option is a nice addition

Siva, Saved Views disappears, when I log off and log in again. FYI, I am using chrome browser.

Super effort. Well done Nithin & team. The charts are really professional. There are some issues but those should get resolved soon…

Not able to reproduce this. You are adding indicator and clicking on views and saying save views right? Btw, currently the views are getting saved per system and not on the cloud. So if you logout of one device and into another, the same views won’t show up.

Nithin, device is same and I am using chrome browser in incognito mode, as guided by zerodha support executive. I can help your person to reproduce this on my system, by showing via teamviewer. BTW, I am using chrome browser on Macbook.

from sunday i have stored the views 9 times(3 times each on different devices ) , today morning again its gone …we where able to see the views without any problem on multiple devices before update , why not now ? if there wasnt any problem with views disappearing i will not be messaging @9.15 …thank you and with great respect to mr nithin

Views are saved locally in the browser you’re using. Being in incognito should not make any difference. Nevertheless, can you try clearing your cache and load the charts again and see if this issue persists.

It wasn’t Rajesh, that save views on cloud was not working correctly. Hence it is removed for now. We are working on having this fixed.

Dear Zerodha Team,

I insist whenver you made any update DONT MAKE IT OVERNIGHT.

Make beta version and Keep choice for users to switch between them.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply mr.nithin…hope all the bugs get fixed soon , unarguably kite charts r the best free charts available in india, hoping to see it regains its old glory soon…

Keeping two versions up at the same time for different users is not really a viable solution considering that same charts support lot of clients on multiple devices, etc etc. This was tried out for 2 weeks by a group of clients on our test site before going live.

@siva the drawings are disappearing as soon as refreshed, ie; horizontal line. Also, saved templates are not showing the saved drawings…

1 Like

Nithin,
Unfortunately we are wasting our time in adjusting the settings, clearing cache in incognito mode, again adjusting setting whenever I change from Order history to chart. Due to this lot of adjustments, I am loosing my crucial focus from trading which I do minute by minute, being an intraday trader.
It is quite evident that Zerodha Kite has lost its charm and now inspite of lot of complaints from all your customers, your focus is just to maintain the buggy update and forcing your customer to adjust within it.
You have left no option other than switching from Zerodha.
We understand change is part of life, but you should have introduced this change as new theme and should have given a choice to customer, whether to adapt it or not…
Thanks for the fantastic update. This time will look for a broker, who do not roll out update overnight, without informing their customers, just like that.

2 Likes

I am really surprised that none of the current issues where faced by the beta testers

2 Likes