Looks like Kite charts have gotten an update. Can someone tell me everything new?

Working on drawings, soon should be sorted.

ok, thanks @siva

Can you check now on the points you mentioned, they are sorted.

1 Like

i agree with ur insight rupesh ,i felt the same too …but i hope zerodha team will come up with a solution soon. which they have done always …but all these modifications sure affected many day traders ,who follow charts for a couple of days …the tech team could have done more backtesting with this update …

Actually this situation is still in their hands. Zerodha team can roll back old backup and restore old chart systems since majority traders are affected.
Later they can carry on their beta testing for some more days, consider all the points provided in this forum and roll out the new release only when it is doubly sured on the fixes of mentioned challenges. It should be in step by step manner. Believe me this beta version definitely require some more testing time.
By looking at this forum, one can understand this is not consumer forum, rather it is testing team forum, where only bugs are getting discussed, post release of new update.

2 Likes

Siva and Team Zerodha, please debug this asap…

Problem 1: The chart is in Intraday,VWAP indicator is selected in studies, But VWAP is not available on the charts.
Problem 2: This problem has cropped up since Kite has been updated. This scrip POPOUT NIFTY17MAYFUT is registered in marketwatch no.5. In the main window if I have opened marketwatch no.3, other marketwatch scrips dont get updated. Hence this NIFTY FUT scrip has missing candles. I have checked for this is 1min and 10 min timeframes. You can see in the attached image, when I went back to marketwatch no 5, NIFTY started updating again. There is a missing candles gap, during which I was watching another scrip.Only when I press refresh button it gets updated.
Problem 3: This problem has existed even with older kite version. VOLUME IS MISSING. Only when I press refresh button it gets updated.

I dont know if others are experiencing the same problems, if they are please add here. Let the Zerodha team debug all the glitches fast and let us have a good set up ready.
As for now, I have stopped trading!!!

1 Like

My preferences related problem is solved. Now i am unable to open specific charts on mobile app. When i press the open chart button, only sbi chart appears. Yes sbi chart appears even when i try to open a commodity chart. What should i do? Take a trade blindly?

After some tweaking chart appears in browser. Now all my saved study settings are gone. This is too much. You guys ruined my day.

1 Like

Charts opening taking so much time in Android app.why don’t you provide limit order fail city in cover order in kite.this badly needed for Intraday traders to get good price.please make it as soon as possible.

Nithin and team,
Looks like views are getting saved on the cloud now…atleast this will remove some frustration while trading. Please confirm.

It is getting saved locally. If you login to your mobile, what is saved on web will not show. But what you set on your web will continue showing properly.

Thanks Nithin. That gave some relief since the main irritation was setting the chart again and again, even if we navigate to see order history or any other tab and returning back to chart.
Any plans to save views on clouds?

Yes. Btw this wasn’t working correctly earlier too. So now we are saving views per device.

Earlier chart, this entire area was getting wasted, there was lesser area for charts. Check this below. By doing this, we now have more area for charting.

Dear Nithin,
The workspace can be made more efficient like drawing toggle can be replaced from right to left side and this can open a vertical toolbar with Icons for every drawing on the left side of the chart and hovering the drawing tool can show their name. it will be more efficient than now which opens a drop down list then we have to find a particular tool. Am I right? Drawing Toggle should directly open toolbar not a blank bar like now.

however update is beautiful. plz enable cloud save of charts. that is very useful.

Regards
RK Yadav

1 Like

Clear your browser cache and chart preferences, that should fix the 3 issues you have reported.

wht is the use of having bigger charts with candle getting masked below the scrib and ohlc details …each and every time we need to drag the candles in to empty spaces to see the previous movements …the idea of ur tech team holds good only if we dont add any momentum indicators underneath …pls add any two indicators below candle chart and see for urself …

Its not helping !!! I have checked on two computers, different browsers and on 2 different ISPs !!!

The other option is to put it on the panel like it was before. In which case you will end up losing that entire area anyways. We will increase transparency on that section, so u can see the chart in the background.

1 Like

Can you send an email to [email protected] with your client ID and contact details. Not able to replicate this.

my suggestion is to give a option to move that ohlc box to the right hand corner , so it gives more flexibility to traders , that they can place it wherever they want …and also sort out the scrib name size ,

percentage changes on left hand corner ,for option contracts having bigger titles it is goin below the ohlc box

1 Like