Margin benefits for Hedged position from june 1st

What is the advantage benefit at the trader level to me ?

If you can get beta page for revised margings calculator active we can see the margin benefits for real and can then have a weeks time to experiment and update our trading styles and strategies.

1 Like

@nithin
If we use the orbis route ; the payin and payout will be with the orbis bank account or the zerodha bank account ?
And in the case of any kind default or mistake at the orbis ; what would be the liability/ responsibility of the zerodha?
@siva

You can email me @tsiva@zerodha.com with your client id, I can arrange a call and get your queries answered.

Will put out examples atleast in a day or two.

1 Like

Thanks brother.
I don’t know much nitty-gritties of the online margins calculator, html, coding etc.
But IF there is nothing much to change in coding etc and one just need to upload/link margin files as received from NSE.
Then it wil be better if you guys can just clone the current margincalculator webpage and link new files to clone version and give access to public.

Any update on new calculator.

This will take sometime.

Can we expect the excel sheet updated today @siva

Exchange has not send files yesterday, said some issue.So, once they send we will put, most likely in sometime.

2 Likes

Hi, can explain what orbis mean??

They offer custodial services and clearing member facility to Institutions and HNI customers. We have partnered with them for clearing and custody even for customers who don’t qualify to be HNI.

@nithin

In the orbis route ; I have to do payout payin with the orbis bank account !

suppose , e.g. : the orbis do any manipulation with my fund/money OR runaway with my money ;

the investor protection fund policy by sebi ; is also applicable with the “ORBIS” ? in case of any default/fraud ….

as a individual trader ; if I trade directly with zerodha OR if I trade with zerodha with the ORBIS account ;;; what is the differences ?request pls answer this with all the differences ; so that I can make a decision !!!

Orbis is a registered custodian with SEBI, the requirement to be a custodian is much more tougher than being a brokerage firm. They are not a trading member, so the business doesn’t carry the risk that brokerage firms generally carry. And of course investor protection fund also covers this.

If you trade using the Orbis route, you will need to transfer funds to their account (but can be done within Kite), and you can’t trade anything apart from F&O (No equity or no pledging of securities). Everything else remains the same.

3 Likes

@siva @nithin in orbis, what is intraday leverage? And can I trade In both future and option (combine strategies)?

What is the catch for Orbis ? How do they benefit ? do they earn interest with our funds ?

Leverages remain the same.

@siva so sir what is process to get into that?

Can you send a mail to [email protected].

@siva what is annually charge of orbis (fee) , how is the charge of trading in f&o ?