Mulitple demat accounts: Because Groww doesn't allow FAR month Future

Hello all,
I was struggling to buy XYZ March Future from few days while I’ve Feb Fut already and I eliminated all the possibilities like funds, already having sell fut, market is open/closed, but through a support call with Groww, they told me you simply can’t. You can’t have Far month Fut in Groww.

I’m speechless. Now instead of hovering over the problem, I wanna know if I can trade in FnO in Zerodha at the same. My Groww account is about 1yr old and has equity, SGBRBI gold, MFs and one Future. I also have Zerodha acc about an yr old but no assets. Anyway, I’m planning to move all assets to Zerodha.

But in the meantime, Would there be any problem If I start doing FnOs in Zerodha (While Groww has Future contract at the same time) ? I’ve been doing search and found out that you can have two demat and trading accounts but NOT with same broker. I know margin is gonna take a toll when dealing with Fut for same stock with difff brokers.

1 Like

You can open a trading demat account with multiple brokers and trade in the available segments without any issues. This is similar to having multiple bank accounts.

Closing the loop. In July, I moved all the Eq from Groww’s to Zerodha via CDSL dep. My other post Unable to move shares from Groww to Zerodha via CDSL Easiest