Must have tool if you use Zerodha for options trading

I have added it here, will think about feasibility and update there: Calculate the PNL of the exited (closed) positions · Discussion #14 · amit0rana/betterOptionsTrading · GitHub

2 Likes

Hi would you please consider adding a feature.
On the tabs where kite charts are open, the tab title goes something like NIfty 8th Jul 15800 CE. (NFO… Can you change the tab title to add the option price to the beginning or middle so that it is visible on tab?

2 Likes

Wow! really impressive creation. Zerodha should make this filters in-build in kite.

1 Like

Bravo. Great work. A single mind without having any access to kite developer tools can do this but the developer themself (Zerodha) are unable to implement upfront who have an entire team, access and infra but can not do this. That brings a big Q, Is Zerodha having skilled developers to handle the requiements or out of the box talents or it is just reluctance to implement ? @nithin must consider acquiring the services of such talents seriously @Amit_Rana1 . Kudos to you man.

4 Likes

Just used your tool. It’s amazing :grinning:

There’s one issue btw. The margin shown when I select all positions and the margin shown when I check funds tab is different,

I thought I might have to change the margin calculation method. When I did that, the tool stopped working completely.

I had to reset it to default for it to get started again.

1 Like

Hi Kunal,

Yes there is always slight difference in margin that we see in a ‘basket’ and what we see on ‘funds’ screen. I had long conversation with @siva (my guess) and below is my understanding why it will be different

1. Basket includes cost of buying an option, whereas used margin does not
  2. After T+1 day Option premium received is added to ‘used margin’ (and ‘available cash’), whereas its removed from ‘final margin’ in basket
  3. Daily MTM profit/loss also reflects in used margin.

We all would love to know the exact calculation so that we can know accurately but as it stands now its not possible.

But if you use margin calculation method, used margin is very near to what you see in funds screen. Basket method is almost 20-25% off at times but margin calculation method is very close.

To use margin calculation method you need to install CORS plugin and enabled CORS. This is required because we are making call outside of kite.zerodha.com (margin calculator is hosted on www.zerodha.com

On Installation page I have given details about the plugin. You can use Allow CORS: Access-Control-Allow-Origin - Chrome Web Store or CORS Everywhere – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

I use second one.

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, but its not so straight forward for zerodha to implement this :slight_smile: I have taken many shortcuts which I can afford to as an independent dev but this is big project in order to do it right. They definitely have a great team but I also feel there is scope to bring in some speed.

Their tag feature is an example, step in right direction but half baked and doesn’t work. Have raised issues and its over 2 weeks waiting for response.

Hi, technically its simple to do but as a rule I have not ‘changed’ anything that zerodha shows. I ‘add’ things on the page but not ‘change’ what they show. This makes sure we know what is coming from them and what we have added.
As for the title, they are changing title everytime price changes so if I fiddle with that it will be a mess. You will keep seeing price going in front and back. As soon as price changes they will change title and then immediately I will change it.

Hi @Amit_Rana1 ,

I followed the installation steps but I am unable to see any categorization. Using Chrome browser and the extension is enabled but I do not see any changes in Kite UI. Is there anything that needs to be enabled/disabled.

Best regards

Thats very strange. Script seems to have not loaded , several menu options are also missing.

Can you try to restart the browser once? if it still doesn’t show up, click on “Positions (2)” text. If it still doesn’t work, I will message you my telegram id.

Whats your chrome version?

Yes, tried everything, nothing seems to work…

The version is Google Chrome
Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does 64 bit make any difference? Tried on brave browser too…same issue :frowning:

I am able to replicate it. Will fix. Some change happened in chrome so even edge wont work. Try in firefox

1 Like

There was a problem with one of the libraries. Fixed it. Please try v3.21 or the latest

worst case, you may have to uninstall the script completely and install new one if upgrading to 3.21 doesn’t work.

To upgrade simply click on this link https://github.com/amit0rana/betterOptionsTrading/raw/master/betterKite.user.js

2 Likes

Thanks @Amit_Rana1 …I think reinstalling has worked. I can see the some default options in holdings but will be able to confirm once I have some positions open…

Thanks for the very quick response :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First of all, this is super cool. And it is very neatly integrated. Great work.

Regarding the following -

This largely depends on your trading style. But to calculate this accurately, I use a term called “Real Cash”.

RC = OB - SOP

where,
RC => Real Cash
OB => Opening Balance from current day’s Kite > Funds
SOP => Short Option Premium from current day’s Console > Dashboard. This is useable only after Zerodha has updated previous day’s data which they are doing without fail.

I think LOP (Long Option Premium) should not be part of this equation as it is already directly accounted for in Available Cash. Replace Available Cash with this Real Cash and your deviation will reduce to less than 5%. If the user is selecting basket option, you can ask the user to manually punch in these two values from their kite funds and console dashboard to then accurately calculate basket margin.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

smartLimit

Launching on [betterKite](https://github.com/amit0rana/betterOptionsTrading/blob/master/betterKite.md) next week :slight_smile:

Smart Limit : Finds best offer / bid price and adds or subtracts 05p (depending on buy or sell order) and places a LIMIT order on that price.

Override quanity Freeze: You can place big orders in one go.

Will launch this next week. watchout for v3.34+

9 Likes

@Amit_Rana1 amazing bro …will be waiting for this feature…thanks a lot

this is live now, take the latest version.

1. you will have to enable the feature from settings, its disabled by default.
  2. As a precaution, you will always get a confirmation before selecting ‘override quantity freeze’, once you are comfortable using the feature you can disable the popup.

For quantities greater than freeze limit, does your script automatically send multiple orders such that the total quantity on all orders is cumulatively equal to the quantity entered by the user?

2 Likes

Yes it does that. But I have enabled it only for nifty and bank nifty.

You can test it easily, by placing a Limit order. IF you are selling, make sure limit price is 50-60Rs higher than market. It will create pending orders

Once you get hang of it you will love combination of Smart Limit and override qty freeze

1 Like