Must have tool if you use Zerodha for options trading

Gr8. What qty order is placed per order. If i wish to place 6000 qty Bank Nifty using this feature then how many orders will be placed in one go??

We use 1200 for BankNifty, 1800 for Nifty.

Actually I will make it configurable in settings instead of system deciding.

Freeze quantity changes depending on index levels https://www.nseindia.com/products-services/equity-derivatives-nifty50

Can this extn be used on Edge browser or only Chrome compatible ? I stopped using Kite on chrome becoz of frequent refresh issues. Chrome tabs auto refresh after not using that tab for some time causing chart layout to be reloaded again and again.

1 Like

works on all browsers where tampermonkey works

I have used on edge, firefox, chrome, vivaldi. Safari (tampermonkey has to be purchased)

1 Like

Thanks for the tool.

Can you please explain the smart limit feature in more detail

Smart Limit
For a sell order:
It will get the top offer price and place a LIMIT order at 5p less

For a buy order:
It will get the top bid price and place a LIMIT order at 5p more.

Think of it like putting a LIMIT order at a price better than market price.

3 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply

1 Like

@Amit_Rana1
One more question, would it be possible to have an option to split the qty to map into different strategies.
For eg. If I have shorted 20 lots of 38000PE (15 for strategy 1 and 5 for strategy 2). Is there a way it would be possible to add 15 lots to strategy 1 and balance 5 to strategy 2.

Same issues is also there someone who buys OTM hedges for multiple strategies. Not able to split the hedge and add it to individual strategy

No this is not possible.

How about an option to increase the size of smart limit. Instead of 5 paisa, we could change it to 20, 50 paisa or even 1 rupee at max.
I place option sell orders just after market open around 9:16. Even 50 paisa higher order has a very high probability of hitting and it’s like positive slippage.

1 Like

thats a good idea, will add it in settings

@Amit_Rana1 you have really implemented a very useful system…@nithin @siva i honestly feel Zerodha should hire Amit as he seems to be really quick & innovative that too without access to Kite source code he has brought in such features. Your turnaround time may also improve as it looks like your Dev team is struggling to even put up a simple option chain for years.

2 Likes

It would be a sort of injustice to @Amit_Rana1 unless Zerodha offers him a position of responsibility so that he can help direct their sluggish team.

1 Like

@Amit_Rana1 had a query…if i do a smart limit buy for say 4000 qty of nifty option i assume it will create 3 orders with qty - 1800, 1800 & 400…pls confirm

You have no idea what you’re saying.
Zerodha is still the most well designed and user friendly broking platform. If not for zerodha, we probably would be in a different scene altogether today.

Regarding zerodha developers and time it takes them - one outside dev can push any extra addonfeature he wants and a few hundred people will try it and give feedback and he’ll improve.
But if zerodha pushes out a feature and it has the slightest glitch, do you know the shit storm it will cause? Every feature has to be compliant with exchange rules. They can’t just give features which fall into the domain of algo according to sebi. And they have to be very sure that all bugs have been ironed out.
One extension developer can push out anything he wants and if it is not working, 10 people on a thread will complain.
Do you see the difference here?

3 Likes

i agree zerodha is the best designed application that’s why we have account with them for several years. the point is regards implementing simple feature requested by several people for ages which is there in literally all brokers trading system which is ignored by zerodha. nobody is asking for algo features which require approvals. What Amit has done is not algo but things which can help lot of people.

From a product and user experience angle, zerodha backoffice console is what stands out for me. Also with the experience of massive scale and outages that they have faced may be they now have a relatively better infrastructure to ensure execution reliability.

But other brokers are catching up. Be it cost, or product experience they are getting closer and are even better already in many ways.

Hi amit bhai
Is there a chance of order remaining unfilled if using the feature smart limit.
I mean say we place it and other orders take out the highest bid, than will our order remain unfulfilled or it will definately be filled.

Probably you have no idea what is being said. Read it again and again till you understand what i meant. And come back to the table.

1 Like

Yes this is correct. You can easily test it by selling a large quantity with limit order. Just make sure you sell at 100-200Rs more than the market price.