My Trading dairy 01-03-2019 to 31-03-2019

Revised SL to 420. Will book at 429.5 if reached today. No chance of loss in this trade.

1 Like

SL Hit at 420. Exited at cost.

Entered DHFL Apr Fut 166.65. Target 190 and SL 158.

Also shorted DHFL 160 CE for covering overnight risk.

Actually wanted to enter at 162 levels but the price went sharply in the last 15 min.

1 Like

Exited the DHFL 160 CE at 17.9

Revised SL to 166.9 in DHFL APR FUT.

Revanth you seem to be doing considerably well with paper trading. I wish the same when you trade with real money .

1 Like

Thanks for you wishes. Hoping to repeat this sucess in real market.

SL Hit in DHFL APR Fut at 166.9. Overall the position was closed in loss of 1.4K.

The position could have manged well. The things which i did not think while closing the position are

1. If the stock moves in my direction, Fut will dominate the CE and [position will be in net profit.
  2. If the stock moves against my direction, CE will compensate for 20-30% of loss from Fut. Any way i will be exiting from fut when SL hits hence overall loss will be less than my predefined loss amount.

The same happened exactly yesterday. DHFL Fut went up to 170 levels and came down sharply to 157 levels. If i would have waited with both positions, my SL would have hit at 166.9 which means that no profit no loss from this position.

When SL hit at 166.9 (i.e. at 9:36 am) the CE was trading at 15.5-16 levels which means that i could have booked 1K profit instead of 1.4K loss.

Anyways, I will take this as a learning and will try to better manage the position in future.

I will not be entering any positions for next 2-3 days as i am busy with some office work. Will resume from 11 Apr 2019.

1 Like

Ouch, I thought it was real market calculations. Only to discover it was with demo account, correct ? I seen way too less diaries in that forum. I am still newbie in all of that. I haven’t had the time to read whole thread.So it was profit or so in the end ? I hope so.

Dont forget to use SL-M in real trading , your SL will be always properly hit in demo , but dont expect that in live account

Started my virtual trading after gap of 10 days.

Shorted BPCL Apr Fut at 340.2 for target of 330.5 with SL at 347.

Revised SL to 343 in BPCL APR FUT.

BPCL down 1.3%.

Revised SL to cost price. Waiting for the target. No more chance of loss in this trade.

BPCL slowly moving towards the target level of 330.5.

Carrying forward BPCL Apr Fut.

Crude is falling now. My SL may hit tomorrow if crude closes in negative today. Lets see what will happen tomorrow.

Entered Lupin Apr Fut at 863.5 for target of 895/900 with SL at 844. Hedged the position by shorting Lupin 860 CE.

Exited BPCL Fut at 344.5 with loss of 7.7K. The same happened as i thought yesterday. Should have exited at the closing yesterday.

Exited Lupin Fut at 852.5 as there was a gap down opening and exited the CE at 6.5. Total loss 4.2 K.

Total loss - 11.9 K.

Bad day today.

Entered ONGC May Fut at 169 for targets of 172.4/174 with SL t 167.

Hedged the position by selling ONGC APR 170CE at 1.35

hi dude …

this is a covered call , not hedging …

also considering we got only one more day for the expiry , both positions can be replaced by selling a put

Hi…thanks for pointing out.

The fut contract belong to may expiry and the CE belongs to apr expiry.

My view is that if ongc does not cross 170 tmrw i vl get 1.35 premium from CE and futuers i can carry forward.

1 Like

Exited ONGC APR 170 CE at 0.2.

Carrying the ONGC May Fut forward.

Trailing SL hit at 170.5. Exited with 5.6 K profit.