NEST trading platform

We have not given dealer terminal out except for very few initially, currently to none.

Ok thanks for clarifying … You may unlist this now

1 Like

Kite is struggling to handle load. I opened a ticket as late as Friday. Some basket orders did not execute - were not showing in either pending or executed list. Created lot of confusion. Due to lockdown, call and trade did also was in queue for more than half an hour. By then my profit positions turned into losses. By 12:30 in the afternoon, I could reach call and trade desk and confirm that basket orders were not even in queue. I was just lucky to get out with minor profits. I am exiting zerodha. They have too much in their plate to digest

1 Like

Who have you chosen to be the partner for your trading journey?

I think you should try Nest I3 once again, Other brokers don’t have the feature even till date that you mentioned for NEST I3 :slightly_smiling_face: Back 2013/14 was a different scenario and now it’s totally different. I think Zerodha can offer such a distinguished product sitll and give an edge. Moreover, you didn’t mention why it stopped working ? was it due to tech issues or lack of customers base using it? @siva

@nithin I used Nest for calendar spread orders to rollover my open future positions. How do i do it now?

You can close current month and take next month, spread order is not required.

It won’t suite for retailers, so no point of bringing it again.

@siva You do know, this is very different from a spread order and entails too much risk. In no unclear words, please let me know - how do i place a calendar spread order?

What risk? it is not actual spread, it is just two different legs sending at one time, spreads are only for index futures.

@siva It is very scary to know that you guys don’t know what traders/investors needs and further how the market functions? Risk of closing a current position and trying to take a next position’s at apt rate. Markets are volatile - it is not possible to close and open positions at the same time/price. This is why calendar spreads are important.

Again, in no unclear words - how do i place a calendar spread order? Please directly answer this and let’s not get into your ignorance of not knowing things.

1 Like

@siva i) So, now do I do calendar spread for index futures ii) for stock futures - Ok, if it were two different legs, how do I safely rollover my position. Calendar spread did a fantastic job of doing this. Please provide a good alternative.

As i have already mentioned i am always talking of dealer terminal wrt NEST I3 … Your charges were also nominal … Being a leader in brokerage business i think only you will be able to provide the edge … Nobody else has guts / intentions to do it at that price

I want to ask all those people who criticise the NEST ; can u pls tell me why majority of the trading terminal software platforms including zerodha’s use
the OMS and the RMS
of the (omnysys thomson Reuters NEST )

1 Like

If zerodha can’t provide NEST ; Why can’t they provide NOW ? It is absolutely FREE !

1 Like

I strongly agree with you @incognito !

Zerodha trading experience is going south now a days. Its not as pleasant as in their earlier days.

List of decisions which made me loose hope in continuing with zerodha ;

1. Changing the payout request policy from pay in day to pay in day + 1. (Reason they come up with is, Bank reconciliation).

2. Processing the EOD payout requests and crediting client bank account after 12:00am even though the client holds an account with HDFC Bank. These two issues make me feel that Zerodha is somehow benefiting by using our funds for an extra day. Can not figure that though.

3. Disabling NEST Terminals and forcing its clients to use a kite terminal for trading is nothing but a joke. Kite terminal is only fit for an Investor but not trader! Since a trader needs a faster trading tool he will opt for a kiteconnect. Siva this is how you are trying to boost revenue. This is the main reason for disabling NEST.

4. Long back I have suggested zerodha to stop auto squaring off near month MIS order on the expiry day. The orders, any how get squared off by the exchange EOD and there wouldn’t be much load on your servers. Since most of the times trading terminals not only kite but other terminals also have this issue. You can charge us for exchange exercise/assigned orders. You dont like that instead you have increased the auto square off order brokerage. We are ready to pay provided we both benefit.

This reply by yours make me understand your lackluster attitude in answering the query. You have been suggesting kite for a trading. @siva I suggest you to record timing by placing an order and cancelling it in KITE and repeat the same thing using NEST / NOW / ODIN and compare the time lapsed. You will understand why clients are insisting on NEST. (Now don’t ask me why you want to cancel the order immediately) I have no varasity link to help you on this. Only jobbers and traders can understand this !

If you still suggest kite jobbers and traders at least make it keyboard friendly.

But I am still with zerodha trading actively at present with a reduced return when compared to trading using NEST terminal. The reasons are

1. Strong financials
  2. No other broker allows holding MIS orders till 3.20.

Mark my words, These kind of policies doesn’t take much time to make you a Zero!

My apologies for the strong words.

A Zerodha Trader!

6 Likes

Nest looks so old school. But i know lots of pros still use it.

Forgive my lesser knowledge. But is Nest really that efficient, or the people who still use it have a sentimental attachment to it.

I might know the answer, sentiment is shit, when it comes to profit. So, Nest has some horsepower !

Payment gateways credit funds on T+1, despite that we still go ahead and give credit to our clients the same day. When the number of transactions are large, it becomes essential to ensure thorough reconciliations are done before allowing a client to withdraw funds. In the unlikely event that a customer has gotten a wrong credit, we don’t want to risk him being allowed to take out money the same day.

These are just wild assumptions you’re making. There’s nothing that we stand to gain out of holding back your funds for one day. Trust me, as a business, we haven’t adopted to such ways of making money.

The reason for disabling NEST has been specified above.

Here’s the reason call and trade charges are increased

I think you haven’t seen this:

3 Likes

Now a days almost every day Kite platform is giving one or the other problem , & toady also , Its the high time for Zerodha to provide NEST trading platform , at least on chargeable basis , if anybody wants to use it.

1 Like

You have a reason for everything, but that is not what we need! We need a solution!
You sent me a keyboard shortcut I guess you haven’t read my message thoroughly. I asked to

try doing it with the available keyboard shortcuts you have in Kite!

What is your say (reason) for the payout processed sms at 10pm and the funds credited to our account only the next day in hdfc account. does it really take two hours? As a saving bank account holder balance for interest on savings account is considered EOD (ie 12 am), why is that the amount credited only after that time?

[quote=“VenuMadhav, post:46, topic:75141”]
Payment gateways credit funds on T+1, despite that we still go ahead and give credit to our clients the same day. When the number of transactions are large, it becomes essential to ensure thorough reconciliations are done before allowing a client to withdraw funds. In the unlikely event that a customer has gotten a wrong credit, we don’t want to risk him being allowed to take out money the same day.

Why are you continuing with payment gateway? We have NEFT, RTGS, IMPS etc which are free of cost and amount gets credited to you account max by 30 min. I have never used a payment gateway and able to trade with out any hiccups.

What ever reasons you may reply with, traders in this forum are judging us!