NEST trading platform

If you’d post on a public forum, you’d expect someone to respond correct?

Its a matter of getting used to, I could be wrong. To each one, his own.

There are a lot of dependencies before payouts can be processed. For example we’ve to run certain auction related processes to post debit on client ledgers whenever there’s a short delivery. We’re receiving the files late from the Clearing Corporation. If there is a delay in receiving files from the exchange, again payouts get delayed.
Payouts are processed once all client entries are posted, we’re co-ordinating with the CCs, this should get streamlined in a few days. If you don’t receive the payouts within 24 hours (as per the sla), you can escalate.

Processes are built considering all sorts of scenarios, also as I said earlier, even with NEFT, reconciliation is important. And today, since NEFT has become 24X7, we receive payins at odd hours too for which ensuring recon gets done is important. May I suggest investing into a liquid fund which gives you better rates of interest than your savings bank account?

2 Likes

You may have many valid reasons but I am surprised that you guys completely disregard use of a good stable desktop platform. And needless to say PI is not that. Perhaps somebody has to step forward and truly make a world class desktop trading platform.

@nithin @siva
I hope you guys are not killing PI also in future and just forcing everyone to trade from the web-based platform only.

1 Like

I think it is pretty clear that desktop platforms aren’t meant for real time high traffic services. Desktop softwares have their limitations. Web platforms are much better for speed and scalability.

Desktop trading softwares are a thing of the past.

1 Like

No you will be slow to execute multiple legs if you have, on a web platform. Nobody likes to navigate while trading. Desktop offers shortcuts. Web platform can never match speed of shortcut keys.

1 Like

Even we are eager to hear, but with a solution!

Used to ? Have you tried recording the time and comparing before responding!

Are aware of the column “Clear funds available for withdrawal” ? This column displays the amount for which we can request for a withdrawal. That amount is provided after considering all dependencies and shown before 8 pm. I am 100% sure this has got nothing to do with eod nse files of that day. You may check with your back office staff.

Were you doing payout without any cross checks earlier i.e before July 2019 ? I guess not!

Liquid funds give me a return of 3 to 4%, idfc saving account rates are 7%. Also investing money in liquid funds by coin, money gets locked for t+1 day and incase we need that funds for margin it not readly available, because zerodha does not provide instant release of funds for trading (though its not your fault).

There are shortcut keys on Kite

1 Like

Those keyboard shortcuts are one way! No shortcuts for modifying price / cancelling an order etc.

At least reduce the charges for kiteconnect or provide options like 1 day plan etc.
Cheaper on brokerage but costly workstations is like " Give with one hand and take away with the other "

It should be a mutual benefit !

Very hard to satisfy every individual’s need. You may or may not accept what I’m suggesting as a viable solution. It’s left to you.

If you’re agreeing to disagree on everything I’m saying, there’s little we can do. As I said, we’re in touch with them and we’ll do our best not to put our clients at inconvenience.

Reconciliations were always getting done, there has been a surge in the number of accounts getting opened and the number of transactions resulting in higher time requirements.

On a personal note, could you suggest the type of account, I may try to put my own money.

I wouldn’t like to prolong this conversation any further, but I’d just to like to assure you that that none of the business decisions are taken with the idea of making money (as you’ve accused us of), we always have tried to put the client’s interests first but sometimes there are certain decisions that have to be taken that may inconvenience a very very small percentage of our users. These decisions are tough, but if there was another way out, we would have explored that option as well. Thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

That looks like a feature request rather than limitations of a web platform.

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/content/idfcsecure/en/open-savings-account-online.html

Use and above link and help yourself, with this i rest my case! :grinning: :sleeping:

2 Likes

Yes there r some which is useful. Suggest some more keys for order management such as modify or cancel order. May be tab to navigate through checkboxes after pressing O order and then spacebar to select order and something like press M to modify and c to cancel. See if it makes sense. The less requirement to use mouse the better it is.

This is marketing pitch right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jokes aside.

@siva @nithin In your own words, it looks like Pi is dead end. Kite web is definitely great for investors but lacks a lot of features compared to NEST like basket orders, spread orders, etc.

just like you guys are stuck with Pi, we guys are stuck with zerodha.

Only way ahead to solve the problem of basket orders is to use kite trading API , for which you charge 2000/month over and above brokerage.

I’ve heard @nithin saying that Kite and Pi are built over KiteAPI. So when Kite and Pi are free of charge, why is Kite trading API charged at 2000/month?

why charge 2000/month, while people using KiteAPI are anyway gonna generate same, or if not even more in brokerage revenue than KiteWeb and Pi users?

Yeah, many are stuck with you for now. But it won’t be the case forever.
sometimes the reason for someone’s rapid growth, will serve as the very reason for their tragic failure.

Beware of your competitors, guys.

2 Likes

Both basket and spread orders are coming soon on Kite.

Btw, we had blocked basket orders on NEST 2 years back. We hardly had a few spread orders everyday. So I am confused on who are all of you who used to use basket/spread orders on NEST. :slight_smile:

About us charging for API customers, that is our business decision. We don’t want this to be a mass retail product as it is easy to get hurt if using APIs without knowledge. So think of it as an entry barrier and we are okay losing API customers who can’t afford to pay the fees.

5 Likes

Completely agree with you @incognito. Infact I am not sure if all of you are aware of this- If you select the option of exporting chart to excel in Pi, in many cases the high & low of the day as per Pi/Kite itself do not match with the stock’s actual high & low for the day as per the exchange. For instance, if we take 1 the minute data of IBULHSGFIN for today - 20.04.2020 (NSE-Cash Market) - the high & low are 132.80 & 123.45 respectively. The actual high & low of IBULHSGFIN as per NSE is 132.90 & 123.10. NEST Trader always had the accuracy till the last decimal in all scrips!

1 Like

why not just move to another broker?

1 Like

@siva When I mentioned about the incorrect 1 minute data in Pi , the same applies to Kite as well. There is no difference whatsoever between 1 minute data as per Kite & as 1 minute data per Pi.

I agree with you and I will be the first person to subscribe it

1 Like

When can we expect “link to excel” too ?

Why did u do so ? What is the reason for it ?

It may not be available on kite any time soon.

If you are a user of nest you might have known it already that we have blocked, please don’t ask for the sake of asking. Anyhow we will give this option on kite soon.

1 Like