NEST trading platform

Deat brother ; u urslf had told that NEST charges cost fees to zerodha was not a penny problem to u …zerodha has no cost at all for this …

Basket order is one of the best features of the NEST which has some cost to the broker !

My general question is ::: if u dont have any cost issue with the NEST ; why did u block one of the best featues i.e. basket order on the NEST ?

P.S. : 2nd one of the best featues of the NEST is link to excel …

I hope u understand why traders love the NEST

I request zerodha for both the above features .

When can we have it ; approximately?

1 Like

We have stopped Nest completely now. The reasons are explained above for stopping Nest.

Couldn’t stop myself after reading this, not sure if zeroda business model is of making money or a Non-profit company.

but I’d just to like to assure you that that none of the business decisions are taken with the idea of making money

Provide NEST if possible…

@smilingstalker The way things are, it’s not a question of if, It’s a question of when!

@nithin @siva

Looking at the back and forth, seems to me that it is better to engage all traders in a meet to understand the issues…It is very obvious that Kite misses few functionalities which are very useful for traders…especially the ones doing bulk orders… Rather than providing unsatisfactory answers, it is good to take note of the missing functionalities and address it directly or indirectly…

When it comes to funds…many other brokers process the funds on same day or atleast the next day…SAS Online, Alice Blue, Angel, Upstox…all of them have very good process when it comes to processing funds in faster way…I understand the issues being given by Siva but I dont know how these other brokers are not facing the same issue…

As other users pointed out, currently I have to go for SENSIBULL subscription to place basket orders (Sentinel its possible but its very non-user friendly) …Other brokers desktop software eg…angel proves basket order and excel upload features which is very helpful…Manually executing these on Kite while better than other brokers web platforms it is nowhere close the ease which desktop platforms provide.

Another reason why I prefer Angel sometimes is that I can link any number of bank accoutns and withdraw to any account…which is also not possible in zerodha…not to mention common ledger for both equity and commodity trades…

While some members are very aggresive in the discussion, I request Zerodha to carefully consider these shortcomings rather than discard almost all of them as not big shortcomings…

Just to add another pain point…When withdrawal amount placed is greater than available amount (which happens again due to processing by Zerodha not having ledger updated as per trades of the day/previous day in case of equity and commodity respectively) , the entire amount is rejected which is such a pain because when its a large amount due to 1000 rs difference, lakhs dont get processed…many other brokerages process the available amount in case withdrawal amount is greater than available amount.

Again, Angel provides option to process fund withdrawals multiple times during the day…

Please take all these as a constructive feedback to improve zerodha instead of being defensive about all of them… Having said all these, I have other positives reasons as well to continue trading in zerodha mainly from platform perspective inspite of some shortcomings…but for bulk trades I still depend on other brokerages which is sad reality.

1 Like

Cant agree more with @Gautam . In fact i mentioned it to @siva in another thread that the problem with kite is i dont get a feel of the market when i have a look at the screen the way i feel when i look at a software terminal.I just dont get the pulse of the market. Just to see the bid and ask of an instrument i was advised to go into market depth. There are no quick order/radio buttons which could be provided in the chart or in the marketwatch itself.Multiple charts cannot be opened. The marketwatch is just a narrow strip on one side. This kind of an environment doesnt work for quick traders/scalpers.It may work for swing trading also. Otherwise kite is a very smooth platform. No one can disagree with that. It just needs to be tweaked to a certain extent.Addition of little features like changing the font sizes,background colour according to market movements,popping out multiple sub screens and rearranging your screen the way it suits you will go a long way.

When its openly admitted that the revenue is mainly generated from traders and not delivery based investors,i seriously do not understand this approach. Zerodha is not anymore a nincompoop startup. They are almost at the top of the stack now. So this usual reply of “Pi belongs to a third party and they are not giving support anymore,so you better switch to kite” doesnt seem to be in good taste. We all have used kite, its wonderful but its not a trader’s terminal.That is the reason why this issue keeps cropping up time and again. Its your call whether you want to upgrade kite to being trader friendly or takeover pi completely under your umbrella. Then only things like coin, sentinel, varsity etc. will have more value. Otherwise its just like Reliance Industries getting into telecom to facebook to retail but without having a proper oil refinery :grinning: . I am sure if paid attention to, this thing can definitely be sorted out. As a business, i trust @nithin blindly with my money or shares. I think he has built one of the most stable and risk free brokerages of our time. I just want to have the same confidence while trading with my money.

3 Likes

Lmao. You nailed it. This answer is damn arrogant, but has been the standard response.

You feel my heart. That’s why I trade on pi, though it has been stamped outdated software :smile:. When I trade for a living, I don’t have the confidence to do the same in kite. I depend heavily on pop out charts across multiple monitors, excel link and quick market order, keyboard shortcuts. I feel I have control. With kite, I fumble. Sorry.

Yes, there are people who love kite and people who love desktop platform pi. Zerodha is number 1 now and a giant, so I assume it must not have issues running and keeping the pi platform. Rather than forcing everyone to use kite.

Anyway @Alex_R explained or ranted to well in some threads.

My obvious suggestion to Zerodha is to keep pi for the users who prefer to work on it. Some people drive well on stick, some drive well on automatic. I guess that’s it.

2 Likes

Our clients receive funds within 24 hours, if you din’t, you can escalate it to us.

Baskets will come on kite,soon.

I don’t see this as a restriction but maybe each individual has their own way.

This is in our list of things to do but will take more time considering the complexities involved in changing our backend/processes etc.

I totally agree with you, I can open multiple snap quote and place them anywhere on my monitor but with the kite, I can’t

do that.

2 Likes

I have a humble request to team Zerodha, please do not ever close or suspend Zerodha Pi trading platform. It has so many good features like inbuilt scanner etc. Keep supporting it if it does not put any burden on Zerodha as a whole.

1 Like

hey @nithin,
If can you clear my doubt with Stright answer, will Zerodha continue with PI in future or are you guys planning to close it because it’s a 3rd party software and that company is not supporting it anymore?

1 Like

Unlike NEST, Pi is built on top of Kite APIs. So doesn’t really add incremental stress, so no plans to discontinue. But you will most likely not see any new developments on it as the company which built it isn’t making any changes.

5 Likes

as long as zerodha provide desktop platform I am kool with no new Devlopment’s also.

2 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Nithin bhaiya ki jai ho … Jai ho.

2 Likes

But what about BO/CO orders blocked on Pi. They have been discontinued and pop up comes to place orders on Kite for CO orders. Pls also look onto this and remove other restrictions that are imposed on Pi intentionally as well. That will be atleast a bit relaxing effort.

1 Like

They are blocked for now, will see what can be done in coming days.

If u have no plans to discontinue Pi as what @nithin said, then why this is blocked without any reason ?? Means u are only forcing somehow to use kite only ?? Didn’t get actually what u want to convey dear by these restrictions . You don’t have cost implications nor do u have operability issues, neither any specific hindrance i suppose. Then is it just done to have fun ?? U must come out in clear words instead of hide n seek explanations.

1 Like