New margin framework is here - to benefit hedged positions

@siva , @nithin On basket orders (wiith new margin framework ) , if we have 3 or 4 legs of options in one basket - (for iron condor, spreads ,calendars ) - the brokerage will be considered 20 rs. per one basket ? or brokerage will be 20 X 4 = 80 rs for one iron condor like strategy where we input 4 legs manually? Will there be an advantage of entering one basket for multiple options CE and PEs on brokerage and other charges? Please educate us by some example too if possible. Thank you.

It will be 80 rs.

It is too soon now, will do before we release baskets.

Hi Nithin,

Does this lower margin requirement for hedged positions work for stocks as well? For example, if I sell SBIN 300 CE at 20 and buy 310 CE at 14? 

Regards,
Ragavendran

Yes, for stock fno also.

Would basket orders execute at market prices? This would cause big slippage for large orders… would be great if there was an option for executing at best bid/ask price. @siva

1 Like

Yes limit orders also will be available.

1 Like

@siva I would love to have a feature on Kite… Its already on Pi… Link to excel… That way I can monitor various options stratagies using excel formulae much more conveniently…possible?

2 Likes

Siva, kindly also add weekly expiries of Nifty and BankNifty in the Margin Calculator.

2 Likes

So for option buying in delivery and cash intraday no changes. Is it Corret ?

@siva
Where are you???

Everyone waiting :smiley:

Are we on track for the new framework implementation from June 01?

Not possible on kite.

These would add too many contracts but with new margins thing coming up will check on possibility of adding.

Likely, yes.

1 Like

Will the limit order be for each leg in the basket or limit for overall credit received of strategy.

Any update? Wrt : revised margin required for hedged positions with examples?

Yeah.Check below thread.

Will Zerodha then allow traders to enter into far OTM CE and PE positions to hedge their sold CE and PEs?
For example, if I sell TataMotors 100 CE of June today, will I be able to buy 110 CE of June to hedge this and prevent this position from yielding unlimited loss? As of now, zerodha does not allow me to place buy or sell options of next month in individual stocks even though there are bid-ask spreads for that particular contract.

1 Like

Hi, When can we expect new margin calculator with hedged positions?