New margin framework is here - to benefit hedged positions

Again… is there any issue with data vendor today with zerodha? Look at the option volumes traded in last few minutes for any weekly option contract on bank nifty. Millions on each contract per minute. I have not seen this even on expiry day.

Was there delayed quotes or any data issues on banknifty options today?

@siva

Yeah, issue is from exchange, can see NOW terminal provided by NSE, we can see quotes till 3.32.

No leverage to buy options.

What about excessive margin candles . For example in 22000ce last 15minutes candle aggregating nearly 50 million while total volume traded for whole day is near 30million. Same discrepancy is there for other strikes of bank nifty too.

Yeah seems like in last mins feeds are screwed.

You can try finvasia
Nest has basket order facility with 0 brokerage but leverage is not much

1 Like

@siva such a weird issue. By mistake I exited the bought put in a bull put spread… The system is neither letting me buy it back, nor letting me square off the sold put and not even letting me convert my position… And now since the buy side is squared off the margin requirement has shot up five times more… I have exhausted all the options. What should I do??!

1 Like

Exiting the long is not advisable

@siva @nithin I am completely stuck with my position with no exit option inspite of just 1/5th margin in my account…

Ya but by mistake I squared of that position first…

1 Like

Oh no bro.

I feel sorry for your bad day and bad luck

These things are very costly to remedy

1 Like

feel really sorry for traders as we have such a pathetic system in India…more so in lockdown when we don’t get any support…is NSE, zerodha, SEBI, govt not accountable for such a mess? they are all there to collect STT, stamp duty, other charges but nobody to support traders

3 Likes

The surprising part is that Zerodha is sending me a margin call msg stating that margin utilisation has reached 500% plus… But they are not letting me square off the position!!!

1 Like

I would advise you to pm Nithin sir asap.
Just request what can be done

1 Like

Agree! And Risk management should not be blocking the trades that reduce risk!! Ideally I should be able to square off any position that has unlimited risk, at my will, square off in this case is going to reduce risk, not increase, so why block such trade!!

1 Like

Can you give your Client ID pls so that we can help.

1 Like

Perfect sense

when iv’s volatility of option stikes drop in future…will the iron condor margin remain same(considering all other things same) or not @nithin @siva @MohammedFaisal @ShubhS9

Yes, since the max risk of the option is still the same(the difference of the short and long strike), however, the margins for other strategies like straddles and strangles will come down.

before i want to earn one lakhs i need 30 lakhs capital in my trading account , after hedged margin now i need only 15 lakhs to earn 1 lakhs in the market . overall my trading income increased 3x , with current my capital i can earn 2.5 lakhs only in option trading thanks SEBI and NSE

6 Likes