New margin framework is here - to benefit hedged positions

@nithin Hi Nithin, is there any solution for the 500 crore / 15% of total OI rule .Small retail traders who want to trade with Zerodha cannot make use of the new margin framework due to this rule.

No alternative, but we are trying to do various other things to get around this OI thing, give us sometime.

Can you update us on what happened later!

This issue with @Anurag_Chopra shows that zerodha is not yet prepared to handle new margining system. Off course more and more bugs will be revealed as time passes. But still, I was expecting zerodha to be more prepared than others as @nithin was only broker I know who was adamant on the proposed changes while almost all were in denial for long time.

Waited and it all ended with the expiry…

Can you message me your client ID? This shouldn’t have happened.

@nithin @siva Just want to know if we can get additional intraday margin for hedged positions where margin fell 70% like bull put spread or bear call spread?

Not much benefit but a bit.

@nithin @siva Plz allow all strike prices atleast in Nifty otherwise no use of new margin framework for us.

2 Likes

That’s a great news. Any Benefit for Calendar Spread like selling Monthly Option and Buying Weekly option?

You can check it for yourself on Margin Calculator. There are no Weekly Expiry Option but you can check margins by using Monthly Expiry Options.

By disallowing far OTM strikes, they are setting up small accounts for failure.

Especially when the normal range of NIFTY/BN getting wider.

By forcing us to trade within a tight range, they are imposing their directional and range bias upon us.

1 Like

my query is if i buy futures and buy weekly put option, on thursday the settlement day, will my futures trade will be cut by zerodha at 3 15, or to keep my buy futures position intact i have to buy next weeks put, or keep 1 lakh 35 thousand as margin, what should be my course of action on thursday and at what time

@Siva can you.

kite is not loading chart are not working

My understanding is that you buy another put for the next week on Thursday just before expiry time, so you are hedged.

We are not allowing because our limits are hitting upper limit. Said that we are working on something else to find a way around this, give us sometime.

1 Like

Please Siva… We request you to take up things sooner.
Appreciate your time in this response.

Ideally you should close both or buy another next week or monthly put, or make sure you have total nifty future margin, if not RMS may square off next day, also NSE will charge extra penalty if there is no enough margin.

@nithin @siva pardon me for asking but asking out of curiosity ,does any trader at zerodha able to earn 100 crores or above over a period of time from trading ?

1 Like