New margin framework - sample calculations

Thanks

Is this reduced margin for overnight position also or only for intraday.do let me know.is there any change for MIS and delivery

Reduced margin is applicable for overnight positions as well.

Yes, this is illustrated in a example in the google sheet linked above.

What will be the margin for a hedged strategy, say a credit spread, in MIS order type? Will it be less than the margin required for a NRML type?

For Index F&O it is 40% of NRML and for Stock F&O it is 50% of NRML. You can check these margins daily here

@siva, @nithin

Can you please explain, why are you not allowing us to buy far options (for heging) even if we have a sold position open.

Yeah.

We are working on this, will allow soon.

Thanks. Can you please share the date?

@siva please make a quick resolution at least for Nifty otm option buying. it really hurts badly

Will hedging reduce margin money required for USDINR options?

Yes. Margin benefits are applied for Currency F&O as well. You can check on Brokerage Calculator.

Will the margins be lower even if the 2 options are of different expiry (e.g. One weekly and other monthly) to hedge each other?

Yes, you will get margin benefit even if Options belong to different expires.

how can i calculate required calender spread margin as weekly contract not available on zerodha margin calculator @ShubhS9

You can add them to basket and check.

why does zerodha charge more margin than other brokers for calender spreadā€¦difference of 5k ? higher than margin mentioned on sensibull also ā€¦it is higher than zerodha own margin calculator @siva

We donā€™t charge extra, others donā€™t show buy premium under margin, maybe you should take a trade and verify yourself.

when this issue to be solved??? i cant buy deep OTM strikes for hedging// first take short posn than allow to buy deep OTM for hedging// dear zerodha every retail does not hv the significant money to sell f option first // they r depend on margin framework by SEBI . so pls kindly help sir//

1 Like