Next potential date for GSEC fixed rate bonds

Hi, I would like to know when could we potentially expect the next batch of government bonds(either new issue or reissued of old ones)? In the given list here, the last one was in Feb 2024. Can upcoming elections affect this like new issuance can only be after the elections or there is no rule like that.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

RBI hasn’t disclosed the calendar yet. But I’m guessing, G-Secs should be available from April.

Oh, ok. Thanks for your reply. On a second note, how could I know whether the last T-bill(Date of auction 27 March 2024) would be available for pledging? Like is it possible that it would not be available for pledging or it’s guarantied(364 Day T Bill) to be available for pledging.
Thanks!

It’ll be eligible.

Alright! Thanks a lot.

@Bhuvan
May I ask how much time would it take to be eligible?
I want to invest relatively large amount so would appreciate if you could please let me know.
Thanks a lot!

Hi @Tyson,

We will add it to the pledging list one day after the listing date. It could take more than a day sometimes if the CC has not added the contract to the re-pledge list.

Oh ok. In this pledging list, the latest T-bill available for pledging is 364 D T bill maturing 13/02/2025 which would have auctioned on 14/02/2024. After that, 5 T bills are auctioned but none of them are available on the pledging list. So, I am a bit concerned.

Would highly appreciate if you could please resolve this query.
Thanks!

Hey @MohammedFaisal, Any insights about this?

Hey @MohammedFaisal @Bhuvan,
I have already purchased the corresponding T- Bills, would highly appreciate if you could please clarify.
Thanks!

That’s correct; the past few T-Bills have not been updated for pledging as they were not part of the exchange-approved list. However, we have started allowing pledging for Gsec and Tbills going forth.
You will be able to pledge them from Monday and any new issue will be available to pledge on Listing + 1 day.

I see, Got it. Thanks a lot!