Now see margin requirements on the Kite order window

May be you have some other positions, also as I said MIS is 35% of span and 100% of exposure. Also for Index OTM options which are 10% away exposure is 3% instead normal 2%.

Hi

What tool have you used to show “Margin available” ?

Is it inspect element or really some tool that you have used

why do we need to reload margin needed when we update the quantity? Can you make the automatic?

@Learner_cash nothing special it’s Mac Editor elements , you seen lot of Twitter traders show profit of lakhs made every thing edited in Mac editor elements :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not possible for now.

1 Like

Got it :joy::joy:

Seriously, there’s a lot of catch up Zerodha needs to do.
Your profit/loss should be visible on top of screen all time.
Agree that in the pop out charts you can view your position and orders but that sidebar covers up 40 percent of viewable space.
There should be a way to resize it.

1 Like

@Learner_cash you see Siva is not replied my message , I understand it’s not possible in Kite
:pray: thanks Siva :rofl::rofl:

Will consider this as feedback.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why do they even bother creating these features and tools when the “Real version” of Trading view have it all
You can trade from chart
Modify orders
See profit/loss
Exit position
Alerts
Watchlist at sidebar etc

@Learner_cash
Trading view is 3 rd party
Zerodha need own party
You will see all futures in kite , but you need to waaaaaaaaaaait. :man_in_manual_wheelchair:

1 Like

My grandkids will love using those new features :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@siva
Don’t you think it’s a very small change? I mean you just have to do some calculations on the client side. Even you are hitting the API again, you can calculate it on the client again. I don’t think it would take much bandwidth of your team.

You are already getting the value in key ‘total’ in the payload
You are making another API Request when tapped on reload margin but you didn’t have design it this way.
Even if you are hitting the API again, you can auto populate the margin. Not a big change i guess. :roll_eyes:

@siva can you confirm / check the margin requirements that are showing in this new feature for nifty option selling in CO ? leverage seems to be almost 8-9x of NRML

Also are these the kind of leverages that will go after the upcoming supposed SEBI restrictions?

Yeah, likely everyone has to stick with sebi rules, we are not sure how much they will set.

Will check on this, also I personally think it’s not a hindrance, just need to click on refresh once which will be on order window itself.

https://tradingqna.com/uploads/default/original/3X/b/8/b8ad305d9a9e10531ca269f99cb1aa0de0dd9ade.png

@siva kindly confirm if that’s correct or not.

Why you think it’s not correct?

with ongoing discussion about margins, i thought that CO margins are same as normal MIS margins. but it seems almost 8-9x of NRML margin, hence wanted to clarify.

Because on the bulletin page BO/CO leverage is 30% of NRML…this is more than that

i’ll also get the margin hedge benefit ; if one position is in MIS and the other position is in NRML !
am I right ?