NSE chief bats for Longer trading hours

The bright side of Gaps is that we can make a killing when it goes in our direction. Even it goes against an option buyer like me, I stand to loose only the premium I payed… :laughing:

Yes provided it doesn’t get obsessive and intrusive on one’s and fellow beings existence. Detachment ironically tends to bring more money than intense obsessive attachment to stock market tickers.

1 Like

So your situation is personal, and not applicable to all, and there may exist some who can benefit from the extended hours.

:+1:

1 Like

Doesn’t experience bring calmness and emotional control, be it in trading too like any other profession?

Or the greed is so powerful that people are unable to let go a trade :roll_eyes:

Machines cooling off period physically and for all other software related checks :grin:

1 Like

now that is the most underrated thing you have said!

2 Likes

Not necessary. Calmness and emotional control is a big function of your trade position size and belief in a well tested and rounded trading system. If a trade or a series of trades goes against you for a certain pre determined position size but it doesn’t rattle you and you can keep executing your system that is when you have control.

1 Like

Present market timings are ok , if saturday also working day , fine .

That is what I mean by experience. After while we get to know what works, how much position we should have, what is our time horizon, and we plan our trades according to that, and we incorporate a trade going against our call through SL and be done with that trade.

1 Like

Are there any Mental asylums listed on Indian exchanges? I want to invest in them for long term.
Because the way traders are supporting 24*7 markets here I’m sure most of them will end up in these asylums in next few years. So these mental hospitals can be multibaggers in future.

1 Like

India isn’t there yet, you have to wait for a couple more decades :grin:

Any Pharma companies who make medicines for these patients?

Mental problems need not stem from eccentricities, there are genuine problems, so :expressionless:

You will reach there only if in your pursuits till then you didn’t blow out sizeable sum of money trying different things. Not many last the course. Most die before they hit the jackpot.

Trying different need not necessarily blow the accounts out, some people do with small sums too.

Yes, there will be traders who invest/trade without knowing, I have read about people investing 7 digit sum in businesses without proper understanding, reason could be ignorance or plain old blind greed :roll_eyes:

6 hours per day is more than enough. If you trade whole day your efficiency comes down.
Even if there is some news, the over reaction is usually set off in 2 hours time. Some times we see Dow going up 2 percent on some news and next half an hour it will be in red. Imagine the stop losses that will be triggered on both sides.
Even if we keep trading hours until the time US markets close, there will still be gaps. To completely rule out gaps we need 24/7 market. I think this will only drain out a lot of energy for nothing on most days.

May be we will get very big gaps once in 3 years or so. Am talking about more than 5 percent on either sides. That’s fine. Even if the market is 24.7 these movements happen in secs and most of them can’t even trigger their stop losses so fast unless they have a system for the same.

Overall I feel the volatility will only increase.

Now from personal point of view, as an option seller I would prefer the risk of gaps which is compensated with bigger option premium decay.

1 Like

If then they will last :+1:

1 Like

I then hope and wish that you make a life here, ofcourse if that is what is u r true calling.

2 Likes

look who is thinking like mr Burry now

he has loaded up all the prison and mental hospital stocks

1 Like

Ye kya hota hai? Mai Govt school se padha hu. Tumhari tarah convent educated nahi hu. Itni English nahi aati. Baar baar Google karna padta hai

2 Likes