@nithin ur views on it

5 Likes

Yay :partying_face:

1 Like

Please no.

This is what i call mind blowing news. :exploding_head:

Longer, please!

1 Like

The stock market trading hours are fine, it’s the index derivatives market that needs to trade longer hours.

The futures market already has longer trading hours at the IFSC, it’s just not available to us. When this news came out in 2019, it was the brokers who opposed it and SEBI had backtracked.

With world markets being so closely linked, it makes total sense to have longer trading hours.

2 Likes

There is a life outside the stock market. Trade to make that life better and not vice versa.

14 Likes

Need shorter pls!

2 Likes

Think on the bright side. If markets were 24/7 , atleast the market gaps will occur less. If some global news event happened during saturday atleast we can exit our positions. weekend volatility will be negligible. I mean imagine taking a position on friday , some news event happened on sunday night in US and monday market price opened way beyond stoploss. Things like this can be avoided.

5 Likes

I dont have life outside, so I came to market :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Just check US and other markets, gaps will still be there! There are multiple reason of gaps ,market makers, institutions clear there books ,news is not only the reason!

4 Likes

There is life both outside of water and in the water, so life can be found in the market too :grin:

:frog: enjoys both such lives.

This topic’s been discussed many times before…

As for this

Take today’s FinNifty expiry for example. 6 hours was stressful enough, why would one want to trade longer or 24/7 (unless one’s looking for their fix)

4 Likes

Keeping aside the stress and the psychology. I guess it helps for people who want to practice more in live market, maybe liquidity will spread through out the session. So I guess there will be people who would vote yes for this, if it happens.

I don’t know if the exchanges are equipped with systems which can support longer hours.

1 Like

@nithin sir what is the view of entire brokers industry on this as extended hours was implemented in 2018 but the plan was shelved later on

1 Like

I really hope this doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

only thing I don’t understand is what is need for closing the market in first place. Sure currency markets and commodities markets even including crypto markets are 24/7. But the volume only comes during day time. Why cant NSE be like that?

1 Like

Yes. Commodity market is open from 9 AM to 12 AM. Still gaps occur at 9 AM next day.

2 Likes

It will add a new element to trading that I will not be able to backtest. Plus I may not be able to entirely switch off after 3:30, that’s not convenient.

PS: I am an aggressive derivatives trader (and a moderately conservative investor.)

3 Likes