Option chain in kite

Out of your experience can you give a complete review on both zerodha and fyers.
Are the points mentioned in your previous post covered in fyers.
I hope this is allowed in this forum.
@TradeB2B

1 Like

I think, integrating OPTION CHAIN in Kite will kill Sensibull which i suppose has a business tie with ZERODHA vis a vis ending revenue for both entities. That’s why, its just a business tactic to make an eco system with other entities by Zerodha. So, Option Chain is not coming anyway on Kite. Zerodha’s priorities are its revenue/ profit generation model. So keep enjoying whatever is offered on plate and forget what you want to taste. :rofl: :rofl: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

@Alex_R anyway option chain is free in sensibull , then why they are not plugin kite .
zerodha revenue is only fro derivetive trader , the basic option chain they are not giving means what kind of broker is this , newly launched broker like paytm and espresso have beautiful option chain , all broker are included opton chain in his web platform , only zerodha doesint have , i dont know what kind of people in the management , as a client we are paying brokerage , we have a right to ask basic needed in trading ,

trading from sensibull option chain is worst , when we click buy and sell from sensibull platform its again opening 3 pages ,in mean time option price will be skyrocketed ,
Raise a hand together in trading qna and social platform - to include option chain in kite , otherwise we will change , now a days all broker have super fast only , there is nothing special in zerodha anymore

1 Like

Zerodha has lot of restrictions. SEBI has already put lot of restrictions. So, it is a double whammy. I have already shifted 50% of my portfolio and trading to Fyers.

So far going good with Fyers and trading without having to be mindful of all the restrictions imposed by Zerodha (OI restriction being the major one). Please see the thread Brokers without OI restrictions - #63 by unofficed where I have put my views.

Not sure what takes so long for Zerodha some basic features. One of the trading member Amit has developed a Kite extension (BetterKite - https://github.com/amit0rana/betterOptionsTrading/raw/master/betterKite.user.js). This plugin is very helpful.

Disclaimer: Not promoting Fyers or the plugin. No commercial interest.

I am still using Zerodha in the hope that they will add new features and gradually get rid of the restrictions imposed by them. (pledging, 50% cash collateral, OI restriction, etc.).

1 Like

This is maybe the reason ? Taking all that effort to build Sensibull as its own product, and then making Kite the same as Sensibull would not make much sense. Now the push is just for a basic option chain, then it will be to get a payoff curve, then add greeks, and before you know it , Kite has the whole Sensibull on it.

I started using Sensibull right around when it came out. I only take expiry to expiry positions, so don’t care about the extra steps. But makes sense that LTPs change in that time if taking intraday positions or the situation where someone does not wishes to use Sensibull at all. But I don’t see how Zerodha can balance it out without Kite looking like Sensibull.

Right, but the orders using Sensibull are mostly getting executed on Zerodha itself. So how are they losing revenue with that ?

Nah I personally don’t like them. Beautiful is very subjective here. Come to think, I don’t like a single option chain among any Indian Brokers. They are all different versions of ugly and unintuitive . Sensibull has the strongest possibility of developing the best option chain, but then they will have cut down on the extra steps. Also what self respecting trader will go and use Paytm ? Ugh.

i never talk a revenue for sensibull , but most of the revenu for zerodha is from option tradder only , for option trader they are not giving a basic option chain to trade

here i dont want to speak about beautiful or something that , but newly launched broker are having option chain , why zerodha is not implementing , even option chain is free in sensibull , why they are not bringing in kite , thats my question

This was my problem as well, but to solve it I started using Sensibull as an additional product. If Kite had all that, I wouldn’t ever have to leave kite window.

Although I think this might be the case because of which they are not bringing it to Kite. From my comment above.

1 Like

@siva @nithin @Bhuvan @VenuMadhav @ShubhS9 bring option chain in kite yaar ----
all your clients have same feeling here -

1 Like

I agree. But I don’t see how us blowing steam and charging at everyone can help here. One Solution is already provided , Sensibull is there, Manual orders are there. Nithin has said that a basic version of the option chain may be coming. Most of the features I didn’t even know I needed as a long-term user they launched, twice I saw trading community request for something on twitter and they also came in some form later. Even you haven’t left already because Zerodha has worked for traders. There are no perfect products, the alternatives are all horrible, everything is a work in progress. I think we should wait a bit more and see.

1 Like

If this is the option chain that will come, my god I hope it doesn’t. This looks like something straight of 1991 and will give the trader an epileptic seizure. Ugly as hell and would be very difficult to use for the general trader. Anything but this.

2 Likes

hey @nithin and zerodha team,
the redirect option to sensibull isnt working even for a simple option chain display.
please, please sort out your option chain problems.

this is how one doesnt have control on their own problems when dependency is delegated to someone else.
Am here with zerodha for about 6+ years because of reliable technology. Now am having 2nd thoughts due to simple things not working (forget level 3 data -etc)

I still dont understand whats the problem of displaying option chain of few indexes and 180+ stocks in FnO. Probably someone from zerodha can mention here, i.e talent crunch or time crunch or doggedness or carelessness?

Thanks in advance for any transparent comments from zerodha team

2 Likes

@nithin @economiconed
it gets really frustrating when you see that a simple, easy to implement feature is not fulfilled for ages. I’ve been also asking for option chain in kite & excel import/export in basket orders but zerodha folks keep ignoring. Zerodha is no 1 broker thanks to their excellent system & customers so pls do not ignore customers.

1 Like

I think Zerodha should be more proactive. Now Big Bank brokers have also started course correction. Kotak securities have changed their UI, it’s slick; and now margin has no interest charged there if u pledge liquid funds. I am told all margin will be interest free soon. If those dinosaurs can make these changes, you should know times are changing and they have begun to catch up. Soon Zerodha could be the worst of the lot.

1 Like

Ah thx a lot dear for ur generous words reflecting depth of your basic knowledge of option chain and the apatite to understand it. I will definitely be obliged for showcasing ur in-depth acumen of trading which will guide me to improve asap. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

My apatite died after the 12th emoji you used dear. Begin improving it by deleting it asap, depth we can discuss after that.

@Vij @MarginCaller @teenscm @Alex_R @siva0 @Jason_Castelino @Smit_K

heloow guys there is no reply from zerodha team - i think they will not listen , because they are replying in other thred . but this topic they dont want to discuss -
leaders need to speak in a problem , but here no reply , anyway bay

Haha, Chill Bro. Aayega time se. This thread switched from a feature request thread to blowing steam/ranting thread what else will happen. Told you charging at people doesn’t work. Having started my trading journey with Zerodha, I have seen this trend, that some feature request is often aggressively demanded for months, recently this was happening this for online nomination, one time it was happening for darkmode etc. I thought maybe they won’t bring it for some reason, one day suddenly it comes on social media. Announcing the launch of X feature which was requested.

I stopped doing uske baad se. My friends are developers in FAANGs and all, simple things for users are never simple for the tech waalas, 1000 things have to be done before launching. Things takes time. Nithin Kamath replied in the thread earlier. Here atleast there is a concept of feature request, try asking feature request in Uber/Ola/Amazon or God forbid IRCTC, zindagi beet jayegi, kuch nahi hota hai udhar.

2 Likes

You can switch to Fyers and move 50% of your portfolio/trading volume there.

I have been using Fyers and Zerodha both for the last 6 months. There are no restrictions in Fyers.
No OI restrictions, no pledging restriction, no cash component required for overnight FNO. (I have sometimes paid heavy penalty in Zerodha). You also get desktop client, buy/sell from Option Chain, trade from chart, price ladder, trading view charts, etc. There is brokerage refund in case you complete the 30 days challenge successfully. I have won 3 out of 4 times and have recd the brokerage refund.

Things which you will miss from Zerodha and would like to use Zerodha

1. Alerts
  2. GTT orders
  3. Nudge

The account gets opened in 2 days and you can transfer your holdings via CDSL portal. (without doing buy/sell transaction).

1 Like

@teenscm ya i already transfered 30% of holding to fyers , because my holding is worth 1 cr , remaining i will do this year sowly

1 Like