Physical settlement of FNO in short CE

Yes…at 582…
One should avoid trading on last day…lost 40k+ unnecsaary

This was your last post , still you are doing the same thing :thinking: Lost 40 lakhs till now in trading

1 Like

well i wont say no but luckily improved a lot…: have understood few things.not able to fix all issue completely …no profit in this year but in good shape

1 Like

Well , hope you do well in future , also trade with Hedges :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks and wish you the same…
avoiding many mistakes started hedging… that is really helping.
but yes doing few mistakes which are costing big on trending days…thinking market will remain same.
heavy trades, heavy selling still cost me sometime…will work on avoiding such mistake completely

Well explained! so far the simplest and most understandable explanation of physical settlement.

Just for your inf guys , I have also gone through this carnage of physical settlement.
My experience of trading have been good until I forgot to square off the short position of 3300 shares of muthoot finance on 25 th april 2024.
I had to took the physical settlement … I thought it would be around 1700 as the last trading price was 1655.
But surprisingly it was physically settled at the price of 1883.
It was a big jolt to me and wiped a substantial chunk of my earnings like anything.
Posting it so that others may be careful.

Further if anyone can share how to participate in such auctions.

Feel Vvv sad for you bro, sebi is killing all retailers.
I still dont understand this physical settlement concept. No exchange in the world is doing this.
Atleast there was dne. They removed it too.

@ShubhS9 @NithinKamath : i remeber you saying there is push to extend the settlement for itm stocks on same.day from all brokers. Has it moved forward.
Also on dne, would it be good to raise petiton, to introduce it back. Better loosing premium rather than all these stuuf. Argument will be there it is not fair. Just like it happened for stt, will a petition (i dont recollect properly) would be helpful.
As always please try your best for helping us, what ever way comes to you and your thoughts to protect retailers.
Thank you