Pi hangs frequently during market hours

does it have a scanner >?

script is a little big ! but didnt have issues days back ! but now a days it has issues ! scrips added are more den 100 !

is there any other scanner as good as this ? please suggest !

Many types of scanners are available, don’t know which conditions you are specifically looking at.

i want live scanner like PI scanner !

backtest it and check the scrip for error, also make sure no SET functions in your tradescript script

there is no set function in the script !

if it had any errors it wouldnt have loaded only :confused:

what is the max number of scrips that can be added in a scanner ?

i suppose there are some bugs in ur software PI! memory leaks I suppose bcoz the memory it takes while loading the scanner has been increasing drastically these days which didnt happen days before!

I have loaded upto 150 and I think it can take more!

1 Like

what is the scrip ur using ? and can u send me the photo for the same ?

der>?

You can use any script, it doesn’t matter. But there is no guarantee that it will not hang, which is the main issue!

the thing is my script is big enough ! so i was asking which script are u using !

ohh yeah… it hangs for simple scripts as well. I tried a simple ema crossover script on commodities and the application started crawling!

PS: one thing you can do is if you have pre-identified instruments that you want to trade for the day(instead of scanning for signals in real-time), you could use the ‘EA’. It doesn’t seem to hang much.

I mostly used the FNO scrips ! i dont know anything about EA ! What is that ?

EA = ‘Expert Advisor’ (on Pi). It is just like a scanner but gives signals for individual instruments.

again facing the same issue !some times i can run 4 scanners in parallel and some times cant even load in the second one ! the program hangs and goes into the not responding mode ! @siva @nithin @portfolioplus911 @AlgoGeek