Pi hangs frequently during market hours

Is anybody else also facing this issue of pi hanging often during market hours? However it works fine after market hours and never hangs even once then?

7 Likes

Yes even I have same issue every day during market hours it hangs frequently like crazy. Some times we are missing out essential move because of this issue. This issue need to be resolved urgently because it hampers trading very badly

6 Likes

same here… really tired of it now… Pi hangs last time lost 10 k on profit booking

3 Likes

Hello fellow traders
@Nithin answers why Pi crashes and @portfolioplus911 gives you the solution.
Read here:- Trading qna

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing us out to this link Harshendra. However, I have an account with sharekhan and i also use their windows-based application called ‘Trade Tiger’. But I have NEVER seen it hanging irrespective of the pc or internet speed.
So I still think the issue lies with PI. Pi has some stability issues and they need to focus on the robustness of the app rather than writing it off as a minor issue.

In order to have an optimal trading experience, you ideally should have a computer which has i3 processor (or above), 2GB+ RAM and an internet connection with 2MBPS+ speed. Performance issues arise when you try running multiple charting and trading tools. Streaming data on multiple platforms creates issues which ends up ruining your trading experience.

Thanks. Is this mentioned anywhere on the zerodha site or it’s documentation? Because if not, it should be just like windows 10 tells us what are the minimum system requirements for it’s use.

No of user doubled but there are no any Improvement in pi… It need to update pi

2 Likes

yes, PI is vulnerable to hanging and freezing. Daily it hangs and freezes. I have been repeatedly notifying Zerodha support still the problem continues.

3 Likes

Hi Rajkumar, the problem is not with processor or Ram or internet speed. The problem is with PI. I have a 3 MBPS speed with top notch processor but PI continues to hang. My Trade Tiger works perfectly.

4 Likes

thats right shubham, PI needs to be improved in a big way. Atleast it should not hang and freeze so many times during the day.

2 Likes

hi harshendra, that answer is just evading the real issue. PI has a lot of issue. It freezes, hangs throughout the day. You can’t believe what happens in the first 10 mins of market open. It just refuses to take orders. just a bad software.

3 Likes

Agree with you all PI needs some help to works smoothly just like Kite.

1 Like

Today I haven’t been able to make a single trade since morning since PI has been repeated crashing so far, especially the scanner function. It was working fine yesterday, not sure what’s happening to it today. Quite a frustrating experience as a PI user!

Same problem @nithin

There is some problem with PI today too! The program is loading up and hangs up to not responding!

hmm same problem … many time it rejects the order specially during 9.15-10:00 AM…
do something serious #zerodha …u r good but we want excellent…

1 Like

PI is hanging a lot with the use of scanner ! :confused:

Please look into this asap !

@siva @nithin

can you brief your query? specify the tradescript you are using? how many scrip or stocks you have added in scanner? also provide screenshot .

Trade tiger is way better, it shouldn’t be compared with Pi at all. I think by using Pi, it wants to say that Rs 20 mein itna hi milega.