Please share about today's issue

That’s trash, just check their twitter handles in last few weeks, I am not defending zerodha here, just saying no one is 100% covered and if someone claim that they are delusional, last week almost all US brokers are down and robinhood is down for hours continuously for three days, just some research will give you this info.
Because of our sheer size and number of clients we are covered extensively even for few mins break.

I agree with you that no one is covered but don’t you think there should be penalty structure penalising brokers for their gluitches. First of all this will make them more responsible to their problems and second broker who is facing repeatative glitches due to his carelessness would be appropriately held responsible.

@vishnux @trader_dude all platform are awesome only , zerodha platform also awesome , zerodha have huge customer , so we cannot eliminate the platform risk in anywhere . always have second broker terminal for you . if you stuck in primary broker terminal ( for example short position ) you have , watch the price on second broker terminal for your position , if any things you scared about your position , buy option in second terminal , you will escape on that terriable time , , this way only we can adjust a risk
HDFC sec and icici sec have also stuck in the trading time , 5 paisa also stuck lot of time i know ,media also not covering those brokers , they are covering only zerodha because they have large junk of customer

2 Likes

I am not a person in zerodha ,

hdfc and icici are not fair for brokerage will kill you , if you ask about platform , they also stuck lot of time , the only thing media is not covering , dont go with bank brokers , you will never make money there ,
prefer brokeres is (edelwiss broker is awaysome ) discount price available , noutch platform
1-Zerodha ( Pledging available in STOCK and LIQUID MUTUAL FUND )
2-upstok( pledging only Stock )
3-sharekhan ( anything you can pledge here , eg - stock , MF ,NCD,Bonds, etc)
4-motilal oswal -( anything you can pledge here , eg - stock , MF ,NCD,Bonds, etc)
5- Edelwiss - ( anything you can pledge here , eg - stock , MF ,NCD,Bonds, etc) per order only 10 rs

@vishnux you can try Edelwiss platform , both desktop and web are awesome also per order 10rupess only

Try angel broking, flat brokerage and gives a very high margin.

what about interactive broker , everyone talking about it.

interactive broker is international broker , its big broker , but very less clients in india , i am not intrested to put my money with any outside broker or (international broker) in india

I used to trade with Interactive Brokers some time ago. We have to keep a certain amount in our account always like a minimum deposit. Trade cost may be higher compared to a discount broker. But their trading interface is just awesome. Never had any issues with order placement or execution even during days of increased volatility or sharp movements in market.

So you get sheer size brokerage too right , increase your infrastructure , double your lease line or whatever. And Robinhood is free service , its like finvasia , so dont bring that here.

In this kind of market where lower circuits are getting hits and huge volatility etc around the world, brokers are having hard times i understand, robinhood was down etc
But what i intend to say is zerodha often had technicals problems glitcs etc from long time is that fair? If once a while we see glitch we can manage but often how to manage??
As per the brokers terms and conditions we are not supposed to oppose brokers in terms of loss we had with technicals problems by brokers end,
We have to bear our loss by ourself,
how often should a trader bear the loss from the glitchs technicals problems??
if it is once a while we can deal it like our current market situation,
If often technicals glitches occur how to manage??

1 Like

Most of the trades are on equity delivery which we offer for free, said that we make decent revenues also. We already has excellent infrastructure and always working on optimizing it,if increasing servers would help then no broker in the world or infact any company will go down, facebook, twitter, gmail all went down once or more so they don’t have servers or money?

They make revenue via order selling, interest money in trading accounts and in couple other ways, also it is a 6 billion usd valued company,just for info.

They are not brokerage companies. Clients don’t put money on them . It’s like comparing international cricket World Cup with neighbourhood tournament.
Don’t take it as criticism to Zerodha.But there is no comparison between those two things.

1 Like

so why not block them at last minute , they are gonna do investment so there is no hurry for them…

I am trying to close my option selling yesterday , I get trading for this segment stopped error .and was forced to carry forward naked selling , cant hedge by buying too (outer strike range) or any buy order.

And I am trying to book my option buying profit today and I get trading for this segment stopped…

from 60k profit it came to 5k profit… and over all loss.

do you really think it’s fair ?

2 Likes

I agree, couple of years back we used to face glitches often but in last one year we are stable than ever and many, even in last two weeks we are doing good with increased volatility, but yesterday it went over the top for few mins, doing everything we could to not let this happen again.

1 Like

I mean to say how tech works as end of the day we are fintech and rely on technology heavily.

Yup im not blaming zerodha for the past,
In this kind of market around the world
Many brokers are having hard times🤞
While everyone had the problems, zerodha should not be blamed, as zerodha had the largest of retail traders and volumes of trades,

Its really hard for me to find zerodha alternate for above reasons:

The order placement and execution are top notch of zerodha, which im still searching with other brokers😅
The trust of money, that is safe with zerodha while i have doubt with every broker, since karvy issue.
Afterall i started the journey with zerodha only, my first priority is always zerodha no other😄

3 Likes

Stick with zerodha , i love zerodha , because TRUST OF MONEY , clean and consistent broker
when i convert to zerodha after words only i am in profit , most of the trades i will trade in zerodha only
when high Volatility i knoe there is some glitch expected , i learned to manage to handle the risk
Zerodha is really good . zerodha can focus more on plarform stablity ,

1 Like

I like Zerodha too…Innovative company with some path breaking offerings. I sincerely hope for all our sake they will fix the order management glitches.

And if those fb , google , once they had issue they identify and fix that problem .Next time they may get problem but not the same problem…
But in zerodha you know you get server overload from 3 pm , what is the action u guys taken… Just charging 50 rs . Even after charging today same issue.

Also its not the first time , for past 2 months I cannot buy / sell anything from 3.20 to 3.30 . order gets placed after 30 seconds… and you guys know it too.

It’s big problem , fix that first before implementing new features.