Please share about today's issue

High vol does not make an announcement before it comes. It comes whenever it wants.

you have to be ready for it all the time.

And no, VIX is a not a real time indicator for high vol indicator, its only perceived vol indicator. if only it were that easy to know vol before hand.

Well. The point that is completely forgotten is that users were trying to squareoff the positions on their own much before auto-squareoff cutoff time. And the users were not able to exit their positions. It is not that traders left it for RMS to do auto-squareoff. The issue we faced was much before 3:15 pm

No explanation from Z yet on this. why?

Trading has stopped for this segment rrror

Yes trading has been stopped in the Currency segment also.

Currencies close @ 5. There is still time.

Why is Zerodha doing this ?

Check now.

Why zerodha why ?

I had loss in 1st half , I was happy that I recovered…and unable to book profit in last 20 mins … again loss lol.

1 Like

I’m guessing a lot of customers accidentally benefited from the squareoff error yesterday. Otherwise, this forum would be flooded with complaints about refunds.

what the point of complaining? anyways what Z decides is final!!!

1 Like

There is no need to complain. If someone is not satisfied with Z’s platform. There are other stable platform. One can always switch.

But what is madness is even after knowing these issues for many years. people still stick with zerodha and keep complaining.

stopped trading after yesterday’s issue.
will start again only after VIX comes down under 25
having huge short delivery position open. waiting for auction. can’t sleep

yupe , gotta leave , but I am pledging here, thats the only reason am here.

which broker do you recommend?

No idea , upstox , 5paisa

No, not the discount brokers. I assume all of them have some stability issues.

How about the full service brokers? IB also take 20/order. Sharekhan / motilal oswal. ?

i am using motilal oswal for second broker , we can pledge everything here , platform will never stuck in my usage time , sharekhan also awesome

1 Like

@Riyas_Ahamed Does motilal oswal give intraday margin for option writing?

In my view ICICI direct, HDFC securities are safe and secure,
Can anyone give me there trading experiance with those platforms?

ICICI direct is top notch , they claim 0 downtime in past 10 years.

@Riyas_Ahamed

Assume both MO and SK are both stable. Which of their desktop trading platform is better in terms of execution and charting?