Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

I have some liquid bees pledged. Can I Un pledge it and sell it immediately before it goes to Demat account? And will it show in kite holding as T1 holding

2 Likes

Not for now, we’re working on making pledge holdings sale-able without the need to place an unpledge. For now, unpledge is required.

5 Likes

After Unpleding before it goes to demat account can i sell it?( To reach Demat it will take 1 Day right…Before that can we sell it)

2 Likes

For these thing Zerodha want to come Margin Funding MTF , for short term trading , any dip to buy stocks we need some immediate funding like MTF , even new stock broker have , why only zerodha dont have still i dont know
@VenuMadhav

3 Likes

Yes, we are working on that, will take sometime though.

2 Likes

Any Update on this ?

1 Like

No, anyhow exchange is coming with new norms from June 1st 2020 for pledging, circular here, in that case stocks won’t move from your demat, maybe possible at that time.

3 Likes

Hi @siva , after unpledging any securities (already reached in Demat) , how much time it will take to so in Zerodha Kite? When I can sell the share?

2 Likes

If you have placed an unpledge request before 2 pm, the stocks will be available in the DEMAT account for trading on the next day. And if you have placed a request after 2 pm, the stocks will be available in DEMAT for trading the day after.

1 Like

Got it .So as Stock is already showing in my CDSL account now ,I will able to trade it on tomorrow morning through Kite

Yes. If you are unable to trade then, you can create a ticket. The concerned department will assist you at the earliest.

2 Likes

For Quarterly Settlement my pledged Mutual fund Units are unpledged still it hasn’t reached the Demat yet.Can I pledge it again?
The console is Showing only the Unpledged Units not total No of units ( Unpledged +NosALready in Demat).Should i wait till the Demat is credited and Nos updated Correctly in Console?

@siva when will it become real time? … unpledging and being able to sell it on the same day

1 Like

That will take some more time.

@siva
I tried placing an order on Coin for MFs that are pledged. Will the order fail or is the system in place now to sell pledged holdings?
Thanks

1 Like

One has to unpledge first to sell, If you have placed an unpledge request before 2 pm, the stocks will be available in the DEMAT account for trading on the next day, and if you have placed a request after 2 pm. The stocks will be available in DEMAT for trading the day after.

For more info, check this.

2 Likes

@siva
Hi Siva,
Some brokers allow Pledge & Unpledge almost realtime with stocks available for selling in 15 mins (with same process through CDSL unpledge). Is Zerodha team considering an option like this? It becomes very useful during sudden market crashes.
If not, can you take this as a suggestion for development?

Thanks.
Nakul

3 Likes

Much needed option. If small brokers can do it Zerodha can definitely do it.

1 Like

Yes, we are working on it.

1 Like

Its astonishing that small broker has this feature and Zerodha doesn’t have ? They are working since long for this change,haven’t gave the ETA.

1 Like