Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

Hi Siva. Any ETA on this?

2 Likes

Minimum it will take two more months.

1 Like

Strong dislike :frowning:

1 Like

@siva
Just for clarification. Do stocks leave our Demat account after pledging?

Nope, earlier used to but not with new sebi rules.

1 Like

Siva this will be great, i guess we have waiting on it since oct since sebi changes

Zerodha’s couple of months is equal to ? ? I guess its been 6 months now. Its hampering client trading activity.

1 Like

Still we need to unpledge before selling, any updates on this, Thanks.

This will take couple more months, due to current covid situation this got delayed a bit more.

2 Likes

Infact, today I raised a request to Redeem an MF from coin without an unpledge, forgetting that I had pledged it already. The redemption request shows the status as “order send to AMC”. What will happen to my redemption request now?

The request got failed on T+1 day saying there is no enough balance to execute this order. So it means we cannot Redeem without unpledge of MF. So my question is answered :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about pledged MF ?
If I unpledge before 2pm then can I sell the the MF (Debt or Equity any) the same day ?

The same. You can redeem your mutual fund investments the next day.

But I tried a thing today. I unpledged my Liquid fund yesterday after 4 or 5pm(don’t remember the exact time) and sold today, it got debited from my demat today.(If unpledging after 2pm, I suppose it is marked for next day and I was also able to sell them the next day). How will you explain this ?

@siva
Can we have an update ? this is an issue when you do a covered call in options

If you mean for instant unpledge and selling then we are on it, will take some more time.

You can unpledge your pledged holdings only to the extent of unused collateral. If the collateral is used for the positions taken, the unpledge request will be rejected.

@siva can this be prioritized, instant pledging and unlpledging? Process should not be that much of hassle if CDSL/NSDL already support it.

As this happens to be one of the biggest risk in case of holding small cap pledging them.

1 Like

Been waiting around 6-7 months for this to go live, @siva. With Karnataka now opening up, hope this process can again be sped up.
Currently, if you want to shift funds, the whole process of unpledging-selling-buying-pledging takes 5 working days, so the whole trading week is lost. With instant pledging/unpledging, one will save two days and at least get the margin before expiry.

1 Like

Agree, to pledge anyhow it is required for the shares to be in demat but yeah will save a day for sure with instant pledge/ unpledge. Will prioritize on this.

1 Like