Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

You are not permitted to sell the pledged shares during this time if you pledged shares and received additional margins for trading in Equity F&O. Peak margin penalties will apply to the sale of any pledged shares.
Selling the pledged shares properly entails:

• Close all open positions currently in existence where the pledged margins are being used,
  • request for holdings to be unpledged,
  • Un Pledging shares typically take one working day. You can sell the shares without any hassles once the unpledged has been processed.

@Dislodge
This is understood. If you follow the recent posts you will realize what we are asking for is instant unpledge and sell feature

1% of active clients of Zerodha would equate to 66807 users giving 66807 feature requests as they like.

Source of active clients - Top Share Brokers in India 2024 (Top 20 Stock Brokers)

More of everything won’t make things better.

What kind of logic is that ? :sweat_smile: Plus I think the % of users who have such feature requests are fewer than that. And that was my point. They probably dont want to be prioritizing for that tiny % of users.

More resources and better manpower can make things better. Ofcourse there has to be the “will”. Priorities could get in the way too. Newer Startups don’t have that issue :upside_down_face:

Yeah true…its all about priorities. Earlier, vaccines needed 5-10 years to come into production and then look what happened once Covid striked. It came into production within a year. So we can say instant unpledging and selling was never Zerodha’s one of the top priorities thats why it got delayed and the worst thing is that they never even give an approx timeline when a new feature will be added.

for e.g. Consider that in Kite Web we can’t see both absolute change and % change of a scrip simultaneously. This feature request is 3 years old I guess.

I’ve been thinking of compiling the a list of “we are working on it” by Zerodha team. It will surely be legendary.

I’m also willing to trade on it. Instant margin for Pledging securities - #14 by nithinfan

Instantly selling pledged shares, we’re testing this out and will be available soon. Currently, we’ve started showing pledged quantity on the holdings page on Kite web: What does the P symbol indicate on the Kite Holdings page?

This is on list of things to do.

Bhai tu jaake listed kaam khatam kar na. Kya forum pe time waste kar raha hai.

I dont see any of my pledged shares on Kite, Is it only for newer purchases?

If the entire quantity is pledged, it won’t be visible on Kite. However, they can be seen on Console under Holdings. We’re working on resolving this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Who is Nithin in your ID?

1 Like

@ShubhS9 like dhan broker - con you mention what feature will come on this month in kite

why you are more complicated than others

1 Like

Some say it is their fastidious nature, some say its the work culture, ask @nithin and he will tell you about “Technical Debt”. I suspect they might be lil lacking in the foundation dept that makes them unable to be nimble while supporting such scale.

2 Likes

nithin is the first 6 letters in my ID

I know that, hence asked. I assumed this Nithin is Zerodha’s Nithing, is it?

Perhaps it is the scale at which something will be implemented, and also about the permanency of a feature that is added.

Business wise, compared to the number of new customers Zerodha gets, unsatisfied customers with specific need of features leaving wont make a dent.

Q: Can a business truly make every single customer happy?

In my opinion - Yes, They could do it but then at WHAT COST ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sustainability and reputation are also to be looked at along with cost.

Also, it might be practically impossible to satisfy every customer, a customer like this.

Customer care - Are you satisfied with our services?

Customer - Yes.

Customer care - Do you have any complaints?

Customer - No. But I do have one little thing that bothers me.

Customer care - Do not hesitate to ask, we are here only for you, what is it?

Customer - Is it possible to change the name of the company?

:grin:

1 Like

Maybe not.
But important features like Instant unpledge and some of the features that some other brokers have are not an unreasonable ask.

Zerodha’s management - Shall we do this?

Zerodha’s AI - Demand is miniscule, 0.00001% of customers. No bother.

:grin: