Pledged stocks unpledging and selling

Some say it is their fastidious nature, some say its the work culture, ask @nithin and he will tell you about “Technical Debt”. I suspect they might be lil lacking in the foundation dept that makes them unable to be nimble while supporting such scale.

2 Likes

nithin is the first 6 letters in my ID

I know that, hence asked. I assumed this Nithin is Zerodha’s Nithing, is it?

Perhaps it is the scale at which something will be implemented, and also about the permanency of a feature that is added.

Business wise, compared to the number of new customers Zerodha gets, unsatisfied customers with specific need of features leaving wont make a dent.

Q: Can a business truly make every single customer happy?

In my opinion - Yes, They could do it but then at WHAT COST ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sustainability and reputation are also to be looked at along with cost.

Also, it might be practically impossible to satisfy every customer, a customer like this.

Customer care - Are you satisfied with our services?

Customer - Yes.

Customer care - Do you have any complaints?

Customer - No. But I do have one little thing that bothers me.

Customer care - Do not hesitate to ask, we are here only for you, what is it?

Customer - Is it possible to change the name of the company?

:grin:

1 Like

Maybe not.
But important features like Instant unpledge and some of the features that some other brokers have are not an unreasonable ask.

Zerodha’s management - Shall we do this?

Zerodha’s AI - Demand is miniscule, 0.00001% of customers. No bother.

:grin:

@ShubhS9 any update yet??

1 Like

Hi, @ShubhS9 any update on this?

Meanwhile is it possible to include the “available margin” also on the order tab for the web version of Zerodha, as we have on the mobile app?

Hi @MayankMaheshwari, instant unpledging will be available soon.

We’ll look into the possibilities, Thanks for the feedback.

Finally I got the answer I was looking for.

1 Like

Language is subjective, not science, so yeah :grin:

Now I know. :love_you_gesture:

Just like some parts of your profession has different interpretations, despite there exist laws, sections and rules, language changes from place to place, time to time, and to some extent person to person too :grin:

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

5yny05

@ShubhS9 @nithin

Hi Nithin & Shubh,

Is there a way for customers to prioritize certain developments/features via some polls etc?

I m not sure if this instant pledge and unpledged is a high priority for other Zerodha customers and the Zerodha development team, but without this feature, it makes it nearly impossible for me to take the risk of owning stocks outside of the top 200 liquid names.

So to the best of my knowledge, except for this tradingQA forum, there is no other way for me to express my desired wish list for the Zerodha Development team, and neither can I receive any feedback from them.

Yes. That would be good.

@nithin How are priorities wrt updates decided? Is it via a team of experienced derivative traders? or is it only by looking at what is achievable easily?

If not a poll to all in the forum, It would be great if you would poll your top volume generators what features they would like to see first.

We have been rolling this out for the last few weeks. From yesterday all customers can now sell unpledged holdings. You can try placing a limit sell order for your pledged holdings; it will get accepted.

We will have a more detailed support article posted on this by tomorrow.

There are a bunch of things that go into deciding what has to be prioritized. There is often a dependency on something unrelated that needs to be fixed before starting on a project, which is why this unpledge thing took so long.

8 Likes