Product updates over the last year at Zerodha

When we use zerodha demat for purchasing bonds, the current price is often marked as -

The reason mentioned is that it hasn’t traded on the exchange yet. In these cases, can we just show the face value instead? Because that’s the amount we would get if we hold till maturity and the kite portfolio will also reflect the current value of the portfolio accurately. @nithin

Kite shows the current value based on LTP, if it’s not available, then the closing price. If a stock trades once in a while, we’ll have to look for historical closing prices from a different source. Checking for FV will be the next step which again has to come from another source. This is not straightforward, and we need to check different scenarios as well. Not sure how feasible but we’ll discuss it further internally. Thanks for the feedback.

Since there is no volume in most of monthly contracts (including 8800 CE Nov expiry), the change in margin would be based on close price i.e., Theoretical price so not much change in margins during the day. We are working on showing weekly options on web margin calcy and will be up soon.

Just asking on behalf of a friend

Is there any chance that the end-of-day P/L could have an edit feature? A little greenery will undoubtedly cheer up our boys.
:wink:

There is always a complication for every request. Kinda used to it now.

For some reason, ICICI direct is able to do it without much effort

Has happened again in Oct, and have not received any response on the ticket from the team. My only submission is - if you are good enough to identify a shortfall and levy penalty, you should be good enough to send a timely shortfall communication. And if you’re not, please don’t penalise users who have no way to know about it since most of us would stop tracking fund balances once the market closes. Talk about helping people do better with their money.

And after going through all the support articles on zerodha, the shortfall seems to be of the upfront kind in the first place, since I’ve been trading only in index options. Moreover, the article also mentions that a client has till T+1 to add funds. So the treatment from zerodha is highly dubious, and would surely want to get it verified with someone neutral.

As mentioned in my ticket, currently Zerodha wants to have it both ways- squaring off positions when margin shortfall occurs (stating they can’t pass on upfront margin shortfall penalty to users, so square off being the only way out); and in cases where the shortfall is very small and team is unable to square off since they were busy managing high shortfall positions, they’re charging delayed payment charges (which means now they are considering it as a non-upfront shortfall). Certainly it can’t be both basis a broker’s convenience, right @nithin ?

What are the examples of upfront penalty? NSE Circular on Short margin penalty refund - #26 by nithin

1 Like

We’re checking this.

1 Like

Index weekly contracts are added to Web margin calcy, need few enhancement which will be done over weekend.

3 Likes

@Ananth @TheGouda how can I change default option chain to show current expiry strike instead of Monthly and also want to modified few option. For example I only Need Delta, LTP & Strike & get rid of OI & OI change column.

- need this
- showing this

HI, @Ananth @TheGouda

Screenshot 2023-11-09 114108

Whenever I click on the buy button screen should close immediately after the order, but it stays aflot.

This can lead to unwanted orders if someone clicks more than one time accidentally. I know it is a human error but it can be avoided if the screen closes after the order.

Can you improve this?

Hi @Zodiac

You might have enabled sticky order window in settings, If you disable, order window will close upon every Buy/Sell click. Read more: What is a sticky order window in Kite, and how to use it?

2 Likes

Thanks, Man. Big help

1 Like

We have made few enhancements and updates on Kite.

• Market watch search now allows you to easily explore mutual funds, upcoming and ongoing IPOs and Government Securities.

• You can now invest in primary issues of Government Securities (T-Bills, G-Secs, SDLs and SGBs) from the Kite app.

• Newly issued G-Secs and SGBs can now be immediately pledged once listed on the exchanges

• BTST (Buy Today Sell Tomorrow) trades are now allowed for stocks trading in the trade-to-trade category.

You can check out more details here; Enhanced Kite search, Govt. Securities on Kite app, Immediate pledge of new G-Secs & SGBs and BTST for T2T stocks

2 Likes

@nithin is it possible to show margin call notification in the kite terminal. Currently you are sending email and I get notification on kite mobile but not on the terminal itself. Since you already have other notifications shown here on the nav bar, will it be possible to push a message here?

Also, show a nudge to the user to prevent accidentally exiting hedged positions?
I agree there maybe lots of combinations, but you should be able to calculate the margins post exit of the position and then nudge accordingly?

2 Likes

It wasn’t possible earlier, let me check on this again with our team.

@Arockiya_Raja @tradingops_z

++ 52 weeks low - high

If u click on fundamentals, it will show up. Showing too many numbers here can crowd this place up.

2 Likes

can you show lower circuit and Upper circuit in one row and 52W L/H in other row.

LC - UC. 1000 - 1200
52W Low-High. 800 - 1500

I will check and update the possibilities in the next 2–3 days.

1 Like

Also if we select all positions and exit (assume an Iron condor), sometimes I’m getting margin calls. Can you alter your logic of the basket to exit the sold legs first and buy legs next?

I checked couple of days zerodha didn’t charge me 40rs per order for this, not sure if this is taken care from your end or we are unnecessarily paying due to microsecond margin calls

With this I have already suggested a lot of suggestions :sweat_smile: not sure if anything will get implemented, hoping for good

1 Like