Product updates over the last year at Zerodha

show profit or loss change(percentage) in position tab (kite mobile).

1 Like

This will be implemented in the next app update.

@Arockiya_Raja will update on an implementation date for this.

There are two spot in kite header (mobile). I have pinned Nifty 50 and bank nifty in spot 1 and spot 2.

whenever I open order window it open in full screen.

Can you make kite header fixed so when if I open order window I can still see header.

1 Like

HI @MohammedFaisal @nithin ,

Can we get an option to hide the absolute profit/loss (PNL) option from the position tab? (It can help traders at a psychological level)

show only:
qty.
avg.
ltp
and change

It would be great if we get the feature to customize the position tab.

Point b) is fixed.

Will update here once we add weekly options to web margin calcy.

Yes, eventually around 12:30 pm, it did start showing the correct margin…

I’m not so sure, because the whole day, Mid Cap Nifty showed the same margins, whereas the others (FinNifty, Nifty, BNF) did get updated.

Just took this screenshot:

And the 8500 PE is still showing roughly the same margin as it is here in my earlier comment, which was taken at BOD:

We have witnessed change in margins at our end during testing, may be MIDCP Nifty barely volatile Today so there might not be much change in margin especially for OTM strikes. Because, SPAN is a single file which consist risk arrays for al l the tradable contracts so there shouldn’t be case like one index contracts were not updated, etc. Anyways we will an eye Tomorrow and update here.

For whatever reason, issues always come up with Mid Cap only…

The above was in August.

This was today.

This was on Friday. For the EOD thing, have noticed it on multiple occasions, so can’t be a coincidence. In fact, one time (25th August), got hit with slight Delayed Payment Charges because I couldn’t verify in the evening exactly how much margin had changed post 3:30 pm, which again, isn’t the case with other indices…

Yeah Midcap margins are unreliable. I only take intraday positions and I’m just glad peak margin penalty is not on the client anymore.

Just to avoid confusion, we don’t upload Intraday SPAN file to Kite order window/Basket and inside RMS since CC started considering required margin as per BOD SPAN parameter for reporting and for upfront shortfall. So if we upload intraday SPAN and any decrease in margin compare to BOD SPAN would lead to shortfall penalty. On Kite order window/Basket, we upload only BOD and EOD (depending upon the availability of the file on time) SPAN files. If EOD SPAN file is delayed, will upload previously available i.e., 3:30pm (i05.spn) SPAN file.

From last week, we started uploading intraday SPAN on web margin calcy for convenient for overnight carried position holders to maintain sufficient margin for the next trading to avoid shortfall and squareoff from RMS.

1 Like

Hi @Zodiac ,

We have discussed this feature request a bunch of times internally. We are unable to form a consensus if hiding the P&L is the right thing for traders. We’ll deliberate on this further.

1 Like

Absolutely no confusion regarding it…

Will repeat again what I’ve written many times earlier. On Kite, the Mid Cap Nifty options don’t get updated after 3:30 pm, whether it’s through the EOD SPAN file or the previously available file (the ‘3:30pm (i05.spn) SPAN file’ which you have written above). It just shows the BOD margin.

Same for the Margin Calculator. Have been observing since Friday, and while the the sample size is small, haven’t noticed any margin updation for Mid Cap options. That’s true for today as well, for which am attaching 3 screenshots taken at various points during the day:

Anyway, bit tired of repeating the same points again & again. Zerodha have the facts, can decide what they want to do or not do with it…

When we use zerodha demat for purchasing bonds, the current price is often marked as -

The reason mentioned is that it hasn’t traded on the exchange yet. In these cases, can we just show the face value instead? Because that’s the amount we would get if we hold till maturity and the kite portfolio will also reflect the current value of the portfolio accurately. @nithin

Kite shows the current value based on LTP, if it’s not available, then the closing price. If a stock trades once in a while, we’ll have to look for historical closing prices from a different source. Checking for FV will be the next step which again has to come from another source. This is not straightforward, and we need to check different scenarios as well. Not sure how feasible but we’ll discuss it further internally. Thanks for the feedback.

Since there is no volume in most of monthly contracts (including 8800 CE Nov expiry), the change in margin would be based on close price i.e., Theoretical price so not much change in margins during the day. We are working on showing weekly options on web margin calcy and will be up soon.

Just asking on behalf of a friend

Is there any chance that the end-of-day P/L could have an edit feature? A little greenery will undoubtedly cheer up our boys.
:wink:

There is always a complication for every request. Kinda used to it now.

For some reason, ICICI direct is able to do it without much effort

Has happened again in Oct, and have not received any response on the ticket from the team. My only submission is - if you are good enough to identify a shortfall and levy penalty, you should be good enough to send a timely shortfall communication. And if you’re not, please don’t penalise users who have no way to know about it since most of us would stop tracking fund balances once the market closes. Talk about helping people do better with their money.

And after going through all the support articles on zerodha, the shortfall seems to be of the upfront kind in the first place, since I’ve been trading only in index options. Moreover, the article also mentions that a client has till T+1 to add funds. So the treatment from zerodha is highly dubious, and would surely want to get it verified with someone neutral.

As mentioned in my ticket, currently Zerodha wants to have it both ways- squaring off positions when margin shortfall occurs (stating they can’t pass on upfront margin shortfall penalty to users, so square off being the only way out); and in cases where the shortfall is very small and team is unable to square off since they were busy managing high shortfall positions, they’re charging delayed payment charges (which means now they are considering it as a non-upfront shortfall). Certainly it can’t be both basis a broker’s convenience, right @nithin ?

What are the examples of upfront penalty? NSE Circular on Short margin penalty refund - #26 by nithin

1 Like

We’re checking this.

1 Like