Product updates over the last year at Zerodha

Index weekly contracts are added to Web margin calcy, need few enhancement which will be done over weekend.

3 Likes

@Ananth @TheGouda how can I change default option chain to show current expiry strike instead of Monthly and also want to modified few option. For example I only Need Delta, LTP & Strike & get rid of OI & OI change column.

- need this
- showing this

HI, @Ananth @TheGouda

Screenshot 2023-11-09 114108

Whenever I click on the buy button screen should close immediately after the order, but it stays aflot.

This can lead to unwanted orders if someone clicks more than one time accidentally. I know it is a human error but it can be avoided if the screen closes after the order.

Can you improve this?

Hi @Zodiac

You might have enabled sticky order window in settings, If you disable, order window will close upon every Buy/Sell click. Read more: What is a sticky order window in Kite, and how to use it?

2 Likes

Thanks, Man. Big help

1 Like

We have made few enhancements and updates on Kite.

• Market watch search now allows you to easily explore mutual funds, upcoming and ongoing IPOs and Government Securities.

• You can now invest in primary issues of Government Securities (T-Bills, G-Secs, SDLs and SGBs) from the Kite app.

• Newly issued G-Secs and SGBs can now be immediately pledged once listed on the exchanges

• BTST (Buy Today Sell Tomorrow) trades are now allowed for stocks trading in the trade-to-trade category.

You can check out more details here; Enhanced Kite search, Govt. Securities on Kite app, Immediate pledge of new G-Secs & SGBs and BTST for T2T stocks

2 Likes

@nithin is it possible to show margin call notification in the kite terminal. Currently you are sending email and I get notification on kite mobile but not on the terminal itself. Since you already have other notifications shown here on the nav bar, will it be possible to push a message here?

Also, show a nudge to the user to prevent accidentally exiting hedged positions?
I agree there maybe lots of combinations, but you should be able to calculate the margins post exit of the position and then nudge accordingly?

2 Likes

It wasn’t possible earlier, let me check on this again with our team.

@Arockiya_Raja @tradingops_z

++ 52 weeks low - high

If u click on fundamentals, it will show up. Showing too many numbers here can crowd this place up.

2 Likes

can you show lower circuit and Upper circuit in one row and 52W L/H in other row.

LC - UC. 1000 - 1200
52W Low-High. 800 - 1500

I will check and update the possibilities in the next 2–3 days.

1 Like

Also if we select all positions and exit (assume an Iron condor), sometimes I’m getting margin calls. Can you alter your logic of the basket to exit the sold legs first and buy legs next?

I checked couple of days zerodha didn’t charge me 40rs per order for this, not sure if this is taken care from your end or we are unnecessarily paying due to microsecond margin calls

With this I have already suggested a lot of suggestions :sweat_smile: not sure if anything will get implemented, hoping for good

1 Like

At present, this cannot be done due to certain limitations. However, once our own RMS is ready, we should be able to do it. This will take time.

As of now, there isn’t a specific sequence in which orders are placed. Already, we’ve had internal discussions about this matter; I will check the details and get back on this.

Also can you check on this
In dark mode the increase / decrease qty is not available unlike the light mode. because of this I’m forced to use light mode

I have few suggestions on the dark mode. The green colour used there is very dull on low brightness, if its the same as the kite android app then it would be better for the eyes

Just like dark mode, if you can add black mode as in android, it would be helpful for our screen time issues
Although low priority items, it has a bigger effect due to the long screen time

1 Like

Hi @nithin , @TheGouda - can you please have someone answer to these queries here?

I’m totally confused on how some of these delayed interest payment charges are being levied, and the support team’s ‘support’ has been frustrating, to say the least. After making me wait for almost a month, they apparently made a call on my number (without any appointment/ pre communication) during the Diwali week (the call went unanswered, obviously), and within 24 hours the ticket was closed. I mean come on, I’ve done stints with CS teams in the past and this really is farcical. Don’t you think you need to close loop on the query on the ticket before marking it as closed??

Sharing parts of the conversation for you to judge for yourself. My previous CEO used to say this, and might be relevant for brokering industry as well - “For commoditized businesses, service & customer support become the differentiators”.

from 27th Oct. Please pay attention to the dates along with the conversation:

PS - would request a response on the ticket/ here. Please do not arrange for a call. That way I can refer back to the rules in future as well. Often times have found the platform behaviour and over-the-call explanations contradictory.

We’re working on some updates regarding delayed payment charges (DPC), like an instant alert system for shortfalls, the possibility of excluding T day’s MTM debits for that day’s computation, etc. We wanted to communicate this over the call and get more info on any other possible doubts you may have. We’re sorry you didn’t have the desired experience; we’ll check what went wrong and give the necessary feedback to our support team. We’ll also respond to tickets with the required details.

Sorry for making this into a support thread, but hope you get my frustration.

And a response on the above quoted query? What makes similar shortfalls upfront one day (squared-off) and non-upfront the other (Delayed interest payment charged)? @TheGouda

I think the team itself is not very clear on this. Can’t think of any other reason for you guys to take a month to reply with “we’re working on instant notifications on margin shortfall”. Also explains the obsession over reverting to tickets over a call.

cc: @nithin
Please refund delayed interest payment charged on upfront margin shortfall (and where no timely communication was sent to the users)

I am unsure if my understanding is right, but I want to clarify one thing. Until now, we’ve been calculating delayed payment charges (DPC) on the EOD margins, which are blocked on the ledger. So, in cases where peak margin is higher than EOD, you’re not charged DPC. We do have an interest statement on the Console where you can check the margin figures and verify against the ledger and margin statement to confirm. Please DM me for any more clarification you may need.

1 Like

Well, I think this conversation might help fellow community members, so posting it here.

Just because it’s an EOD shortfall, doesn’t allow you to charge penalty since it’s still upfront. Please refer to this post:

Please help me understand if this is not the case.