Received Quote for historical Bank Nifty 1 min data:

After a lil bargaining with different prices, I got a quote for Rs. 4,200 + GST per year of Bank Nifty historical 1 min weekly options data; from a NSE approved vendor. Format is csv. Data is available from June 2016. So 6 years historical data will cost Rs. 25,200 + gst.

Are there better deals available ?

just curious

why do you need 1 min bnf historical data? for option buying testing

it it just historical or real time as well?

is there a way to get live OI data? without 3-min delay by NSE?

Yes. Backtesting. There are platforms for backtesting but they are limited in many ways, plus I cant be sure what they have done behind the scenes. When the drawdown happens I’ll probably be more inclined to be thrown off my strategy beliefs if I don’t do personal tests ‘my way’ with data ‘I acquire’.

Historical. Realtime is available via API on a subscription model.

Not that I know of.

2 Likes

tysm

Shouldn’t the NSE website provide this directly somewhere hidden ni it’s old or new website?

1 Like

No they dont. Its a paid service - they sell rights to authorized dealers who in turn resell.

Can you please share the name of the vendor

GlobalDataFeeds
True Data
Accelpix

I have better option that you can try this process https://youtu.be/hB_X3DcI7EE just change USERID AND AUTHENTICATION . And remove ciqrandom from the list and you will able to historical data from KITE too. You can have data upto 2015 as I have already seen through this process.

For BNF &NF use

Dropbox - Intraday 1 Min Data.zip - Simplify your life

You wont get this month data so use Youtube process for above or wait for month to close to get AUGUST data on dropbox.

1 Like

@247NH Thank you.
But the challenge is with 1 min historical Options data. Rest can be got from Kite Connect .

Ahhh… I was having option data since 2020 but unfortunetely I deleted them as they are no longer needed. If I will get any I will tell you.

YES THERE IS WAY TO GET LIVE UPDATE IN SECONDS, TICK BY TICK UPDATES, FETCH DATA FROM FYERS ONE DESKTOP APPLICATION OR FETCH DATA USING PYTHON

Brokers provide 1 sec snapshot data and not tick by tick. Also OI data changes at exchange are delayed by 3 minutes (approx).

OI data is useless for me now, never really cared to look at it

Some brokers provide tick-by-tick data, which shows the price and volume of each individual trade as it occurs in real-time. Other brokers may provide 1-second snapshot data.

Fyers is an online discount broker based in India. According to their website, Fyers provides tick-by-tick data for equity and commodity segments on their trading platform, Fyers One.

Okay

Nope. No broker provides tick by tick data to retail. Its technically not feasible to transmit tick by tick data realtime to end user unless some one takes a collocated server space at the exchange.

Also, all brokers get 1 sec snapshot from exchange. They will have to separately take costly tick by tick subscription from exchange, if they want to give it to someone who has collocated access.

okay

still you required data

1 Like

Wow! You got a good deal! For my Banknifty and nifty options data for 3 years was quoted at 98k INR! The quote was from globalfeeds.