REIT & INVIT- Need to acept as colleterial

@siva @VenuMadhav @Bhuvan REIT and NVIT need to accept as colleterial , can you please push clearing corporation to accept to provide colleterial , its will be useful to diversify to our portfoliio

3 Likes

I too am looking forward to pledging REITs and INVITs for collateral towards option selling.

2 Likes

Hi @TradeB2B and @bshubhranshu,
Have requested our contacts at the exchanges for the same.

2 Likes

@MohammedFaisal curious if you heard anything from authorities/contacts at the exchanges about REITs and INVITs as collateral. If not, it would be great if you could kindly do a follow-up on the same again?
Thanks

Yes I too have got some investment in REITs and this will surely help me in crunch time by not liquidating my portfolio.

@MohammedFaisal rechecking on this. If REITs can be pledged, they would become a very attractive asset

We checked with the clearing corporation and they explained that they run a criteria on all listed instruments and REITs/InVITs didn’t fulfill it. Have asked for more details.

3 Likes

@MohammedFaisal @ShubhS9 its already approved by exchange why zerodha is not approved , i already pledge these invit and reit in angel one and icici direct then why zerodha not included - maybe you itself buy and pledge i think - you didin pass to clients i am correct

1 Like

Checking this @TradeB2B. Will get back to you on it.

3 Likes

@ShubhS9 this is the proof i pledge in angel one -1451 qty i already pledge

WITHDRAW MEANS Its unpledge in angel one - for your understanding i posted this

@ShubhS9 any update

1 Like

Any update?

1 Like

Same here… Hope the REITs and INVITs gets added to Zerodha’s approved list soon.

1 Like

We’re a self-clearing member under NSE Clearing Corporation (NSCCL) and their haircut list doesn’t include REIT or INVITs. Once they’re included, you’ll be able to pledge them.

1 Like

Let’s nudge them to include REITs and INVITs please mail them with this request here.
[email protected]

@TheGouda i am curious how angel one and icici direct are able to do it? which clearing corporation do they use?

It will be useful to have INVITs and REITs in acceptable collateral list.
Any update on this?

Any updates on this?

@TheGouda @ShubhS9

Most of broker allow to pledge Reit and Invit

Still zerodha is not providing colleterial against reit and invit

this is the only one is negative point for zerodha - please consider as important

Investor stocks are repledged to clearing corporations (NCCL & ICCL), and CCs provide margin against those securities. Both CCs have 1500+ approved securities available to be repledged with them. They don’t allow REITs/INVITs to be repledged. You can check the NSE CC list here (haircut files)

Some trading members could be allowing margin pledge beyond this list by funding from their own funds. However, we strictly follow the clearing corporation list. We’ve contacted CCs to determine if REITs/INVITs could be included in the list of approved securities.

1 Like