Review the brokers who provide leverage!

I use small capital for USDINR, it’s a slow burn- basically doing a combination of short guts, short strangles, short straddles- playing for time.

Given the low volatility or the price range, there’s more peace of mind to use FX as a stepping stool.

Given that I never hedge my options with ‘longs’, I make a better ROI. If ever, I do intraday options buying to increase my profit table.

Icici 3 in 1 account is best. It’s as if you can withdraw funds from zerodha using ATM. Total seamless.
And free too.
You don’t even need to transfer funds from bank to trading account.
Why would you want otherwise?

1 Like

How much leverage do they provide for MIS ATM index option selling and what is the brokerage structure?

5 rs per lot
leverage as per your stop loss.
Look for option plus product

I looked into it, very confusing it was…could you please elaborate if you have the time?

my main strategy has to do with selling Nifty ATM weekly options with very close trailing stop loss ( max 30 points )

Would I get more leverage for this than Zerodha? ( 2.5x )

What’s the max SL that I can place when selling an option ?
Usually if I am selling a call for 10rs , my SL will be 40rs ( 4x ) .

simply,
If you sell option at rs 10 and your SL is say 30.
The margin blocked will be (30-10+x)*75 per lot. where x is some protection ICICI directs decide which is nearly 12-15 rs only.
So margin per lot will be (30-10+15)*75 = 2625 per lot only.

Max any SL you want

1 Like

That’s amazing, paying 30 times right now with zerodha…

Last 2 questions:

• is this allowed for ATM options or just OTM?
  • are they reachable if some f**kup happens? ( Responsive customer care / some forum )

I have never experienced any fcukup. Once for only 1-2 mins.
But reaching customer care is nearly impossible.
I ususlly keep another account with some free margin. So if someday anything happens, I can just buy the options and virtually sq off my positions.

yes ATM allowed. But whatever strike is allowed in gradually updated because manytimes illequid strikes are blocked. But as I already need liquid strikes only never faced any issue.

Reaching CC was good before this COVID issue though.

Chat option is there also.
Also priority desk.

okay…thanks for taking the time :slight_smile:

@maddy_Des they will provide colleterial against mutual fund

1 Like

That kind of leverage in icicidirect.com is only for Intraday… Your strategy doesn’t seem Intraday…

It is intraday, I specified MIS

1 Like

You’re a user too?

I used to be… But I thought the brokerage is too high especially when you know you can trade big quantities with such leverage… Only when the brokerage is very low and leverage is high, its sustainable…

To my knowledge it’s 5 rs/ lott + 20 rs for each side…right?

1 Like

I thought its more unless you give some turnover commitment…

@maddy_Des says it’s 5 rs / lot

1 Like