Review the brokers who provide leverage!

Yes they do.
Against selected ETFs

toh kuch naiā€‹:joy::joy: confirm kar raha tha @Anurag_Chopra saying itā€™s higher

That was posted by mistake hence deleted.

I have traded with them with option 195 plan bro.
15/lot.
With that kinda leverage, if you can handle. Leverage wont matter.

Agree but that for me is expensiveā€¦ But it may not be for youā€¦

1 Like

Wait it is 5 or 15?

Option 195 - 15 per lot

Option 5 - 5 per lot

So what advantage does option 195 (15 rs bkg) have over option plus (5 rs bkg) ?

Nothing

Haha then why do they have that planšŸ˜…

They even have 50rs per lot paln!

1 Like

hey @maddy_Des was going through iciciā€™s bkg plans for the same plan ( option plus ) they have 2 different pricingā€¦can you clarify?

see images attached

This is not ā€œiciciā€™s bkg plans for the same plan ( option plus )ā€!

This is their plain vailla plan called ā€œI-Secureā€

On the smae page there are multiple other plans.

1 Like

@velu
I was researching on same line. I checked samco. They also seems to provide high leverage. But I was wondering why nobody has mentioned anything about them. Is it a reliable broker?

Thatā€™s the main part all the leverage wonā€™t matter if not reliableā€¦have found a good enough plan on ICICI that suits my requirements, will ask around more and shift to them soon

1 Like

@nithin
Is there any wrong in giving leverage (Index option selling) using such concept. What is the risk?

Option%20Selling
Option plus concept as explain by @maddy_Des

2 Likes
  1. Deep pockets as deep as ICICISec , is required to fulfil margin requirements at exchanges.
  2. Giving such high leverages is not that rewarding with discount brokerage. If zerodha starts premiuim services, then whatā€™s use of full service brokerages.
  3. Anyways if what @nithin is saying all along, leverage in FnO is going to go. So better wait till margin collection becomes mandatory.

any update on point 3? Or where to follow for updatesā€¦I too had read something similar a while ago

These kind of leverages are risky to entire ecosystem, it puts both brokers and clients at imminent peril. I really donā€™t understand what broker is trying to achieve by offering these kind of stupid leverages, for sure it is not going to do any good to clients. I seriously doubt even if 1% using those kind of leverages can sustain in these markets for over an year.Every financial guru and history says the main reason for most of the crashes/bankruptcies etc is over leverage, even in current carona times even though all companies/sectors are affected but most severely effected companies are which are over leveraged in those sectors.

Also one bad event is enough to wipe out broker and all itā€™s clients, Imagine a day where there is disconnection or counter orders are still in system without execution or some bad news came where the option prices jumped 100 points in one tick, this can happen but a rare event, the risk to reward here definitely wonā€™t favor those using these kind of mental leverages.
I personally opine traders should not build strategies which requires these kind of leverages to make money because all it takes is one bad trade to ruin their whole capital.

We are not against leverages but definitely with these kind of stupid leverages.

2 Likes

This has been postponed.

1 Like