Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Exactly my point. Like you many of us have left our prior job (software developer) in order to trade full time. So this business is still very much in the growth phase. How the hell to produce a networth piece of s*** I seriously don’t know.

I talked with US traders. They are asked 2k $ deposit in trading account and have to sign documents and then they are good to go. Its not 70L !!! None of bull sht what SEBI is doing.

3 Likes

“Governments never learn. Only people learn.” - Milton Friedman
(American economist, Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1976)

1 Like

That’s a free market!

You will be surprised how much tax+brokerage we pay in comparison to their simple “Commission”? Not only in trading but also for general business houses as well. That’s the only reason to evade tax laws following corrupt means in our country. Make laws such that they can be broken…

If these things come into effect, surely, we will see Darkpools in India as well! Then Govt. will be happy and start to revert policies.

2 Likes

so we are living in free world…it is most biased and idiotic proposal i have ever seen…stock market is only place where a small man can become big man through knowledge,intution and brokers’s help…bloody hell,rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer…

1 Like

Why the less affluent need equities

1 Like

@Vandana1
Ask the moderator to add the change.org link https://chn.ge/2OwSYQY to header, easy to find.
and also add the link to you profile.

2 Likes

@Vandana1 @p699 I highly suggest contacting famous youtubers such as Nitin Bhatia (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqvVj1LkOpA8tjb7RadTvOg) and famous people such as Manas Arora (https://twitter.com/iManasArora) if you remember he was interviewed by moneycontrol a while ago. We should share the link of the telegram channel and this forum.
If they agree to help we can have a lot of support and awareness for upcoming battle with sebi.

3 Likes

Join the Telegram group using this link:
https://t.me/joinchat/J9Q0zRFS6dgg81dA9lYVWg

1 Like

@smilingstalker This is an excellent idea. I am already tweeting to famous people. Some assistant editors of BUSINESSLINE even retweeted my tweet. I go to popular tweeters and insert my anti-sebi tweet under theirs so that people who come and go by will notice it. Some might not be ready to take on the establishment, but we have to keep trying.

3 Likes

Good going …:clap::clap:

1 Like

Totally unacceptable move by SEBI. They are questioning the intellect of people who are putting their money by taking risks. This move will be detrimental in spreading the reach of stock markets to retailers. Do we have a similar rule in ‘western’ and ‘developed’ markets from where they generally ‘borrow’ their policies?

1 Like

Net worth kya hai. Apna Ghar bench Kar koi trading Nahi karta. It is always with extra money which you are not going to use in near future. Mere son and daughter-in-law Ghar chalate Hain. Gaon ki kheti se sool benchne per Jo aaya usme se Kuch paise laga du ya pure laga du. Mujhse Ghar me koi Nahi punchne wala. Wo surplus hai. FnO Ka mujhe Nahi pata but suna hai ki ek jhatke me Pura paisa Chala jaata hai. Ye Sahi hai ya phir rumor unhi k dwara failaya hua Jo isme profit kama rahe Hain aur new traders ko durr rakhna chahte Hain. Main bahut lambe samay se share bazar se durr Raha kynki dost bole bahut risky hai but baad me pata Chala ki wo share bazar se intraday me kama Lete Hain. Ye mentality retail aur institutional investors dono me hai ki agar profit Bana rahe Hain to new traders ko durr rakhe. Ye Nahi Hona Chahiye. Sebi ko bhi samajhna Chahiye ki jab koi cycle chalana seekhta hai to shuru me girta hai phir dheere dheere expert banta hai… Loss or Gain to hota hi rahta hai bus Sebi ko ye dekhna hai ki Jo Saal Bhar me profit me Nahi ata usko rokna Chahiye. Vaise bhi intraday me ek limit se jyada loss hone per Broker platform aapko rok dega. You can’t go mindlessly.

3 Likes

Because the regulator in those Western markets are sane real life experienced personnel who really cares about the people. But Sebi is quite opposite, it makes illogical nonsense rules and only wants to fill their pockets by blaming the common people. Just look at the outrageous amount of stt and other charges being asked. Still they are not satisfied. Now they want to put a chain on the retailers and do whatever they want instead of helping and enhancing the whole retail experience.

2 Likes

This is what our US-counterpart pay for their trades - Common Online Broker Features & Fees - StockBrokers.com. Undoubtedly, the tools or platforms they provide are phenomenal state-of-art. Compare that to our fee-structure and the platforms we get. It clearly depicts our legislator’s mindset to suck participant’s blood because they can’t let alone the brokers do that.

I am not aware of any Exchange - except ours - where STT is charged for every routine trade. More hurtingly, the Govt. is charging it on top of GST, Turnover charges, Exchange and SEBI charges. They also charge Stamp duty even if the trades were triggered electronically. So, every trade you take, these Govt. Houses ensure to pocket their commission, despite of poor technological infrastructure and back stab right at you with their idiocies, portraying their superficial plastic concerns. Now if somebody succeed to go beyond the break-even by an inch or so, you are now liable for STCG, LTCG and IT. Oh! I didn’t mention brokerage to all this.

What a joke!

2 Likes

Practically 99 % retailers lose but still sebi wants to know if u have anything to lose or not lol.pain. market sud be a fair place for everyone. Make them quit those jury who thinks to make foreigners happy

2 Likes

right you are, dis it included in the petition ?

SEBI is doing everything to become our moral trading daddy BACK OFF SEBI :rage:

Huh… Tell me about it…

There comes a time when enough is enough… We have seen enough Bull s*** and all of it is directed against us…

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Chirag-Gupta-lose-24-lakhs-in-five-minutes-on-the-stock-market

Do read this :point_up_2:to know how can ignorance of tax rules hurt traders

4 Likes