Short selling ,zerodha not giving clarity

I had done short selling of ireda 2000 qty and it went to UC. My loss was -9k on the day ,I was told I will get delivery of stock and margin was blocked. Three days passed nothing happened. I didn’t even see anything in my auctions tab. Now zerodha says me I have a loss of 40k in my pnl, that too after telling them it’s been three days but nothing is showing up in my account. How can I trust zerodha what it does in the background and my loss goes from -9k to -40k ,it doesn’t have any answer. It gives me copy paste standard answer always. When customers have no clarity or visibility im sure zerodha does a lot of things in the BG which we aren’t even aware of!!

Hello, please read the rules around short selling before accusing :sweat_smile:

In India, you can NOT short sell and carry overnight. The brokers allow only intraday due to this reason.

Since the stock has to be settled to the buyer on T+1 day, they will buy from the open market / auction market.
IREDA has been hitting circuits everyday. So its obvious that you are charged this loss

Again your pathetic reply tells the state of zerodha and the times it would soon be facing! I know all these copy paste answers that you have forwarded here. My question was at what price was it sold or bought and why do I not have any clarity or visibility of the process here. Why do I have to run behind you to even get the stock reflected in my pnl?? Really disappointing ! Ideally zerodha should have given me the delivery in my account which u didn’t ,it’s not the first time I have seen this so keep your sarcasm to yourself and know how to reply ,that is if at all when it adds anything to the question

1 Like

And ireda hitting circuits everyday , seriously that’s the answer you give me :joy:even when it hits circuit it’s not pump and dump that it directly hits UC and nothing else happens !! This is dangerous if anything that you can do anything in the background without telling me at what price what was done!! Just telling me so and so loss happened doesn’t give me anything !

Your accusations are vague.
Which day you sold?
How many days it took to resolve the buying back ?
Who told you to get delivery?

Please post with screenshots or contact direct to support for resolution.

IREDA was not making UC. There were times , were we can easily buy back .
Only December 11, 13 th are days when it went sort of UC.

My accusations are not vague. In fact I’m telling here the exact stock name and quantity !! It’s a thing of Monday and today is Thursday and only today it shows me in my pnl that i have loss of -40k ,till then it just said me on Monday that stock will be delivered to the account if margin is there which was there!! I don’t owe you any explanation here and I have contacted zerodha and it hasn’t helped me ,it has given me same replies. And I’m not the one justifying my answer by saying it went to UC. I’m asking zerodha that why will it buy at any random price or what price did it buy back at ,why don’t I have a say in this ? When I had enough margin why didn’t it deliver the stock in my account which it told it would. You don’t have any answers and you expect me to post here screenshots for you!

1 Like

@VarunG I am assuming you are from official Zerodha team and your tone of response to an issue brought in here by someone using your product is perplexing. Who told you to write responses like you are doing catharsis of some kind ?

1 Like

You don’t owe me anything. I am just trying to help. Understand your stress and rage. And I am not from Zerodha. Relax man
By the way , if you need the technicals on what happened with your case … Then here you go…

Upper circuit stocks…No sellers are present, only buyers. You won’t be able to buy back, converting the position to delivery for auction settlement. A 120% margin of the closing price is then blocked. Auction settlements can be:
Internal: On T+1 day, using the previous day’s highest bid.
External: Managed by the exchange on T+1, potentially incurring up to a 20% penalty

You are assuming too much man

1 Like

This issue is not mine and possibly the user who brought in this issue by now has understood that he could have done differently. All he is saying he cant see what actually happened and is looking for clarity. And I am in no stress or rage. That seems more like your game so far from your post and I was precisely asking you why you need to be so rude and pointing him to support etc if and at all you are trying to help.

Hello sir. I was comforting him for the stress from unnecessary loss. Was not talking about you. I was not rude. His post doesn’t had details of the trade. That what I said. Then he gave the day he gave when he executed the trade and so on…
Stop believing what you are feeling is real.

who told you to get delivery ? Wow and someone else is not being real :rofl: :sweat_smile:.

There is nothing an end user could do. To obtain the details, the staff must check from internal. That’s what I suggested.

Thankyou for your concern but it doesnt reflect in your answer. Please understand that on Monday when the stock hit UC, i only got a pop up saying there is an open mis position and keep the margins in account. Which were there. It’s Thursday today there was no mention of ireda anywhere in my account then how do u expect me to post screenshot. The fact that I don’t have a screenshot even tells that zerodha doesn’t give enough clarity ! So from Monday to Thursday nothing shows up in my account and directly on Thursday after contacting them it reflects with a loss that I didn’t imagine in my pnl. So I’m just supposed to take whatever loss it shows in my account i suppose and keep shut!

I am sorry you get to feel that way. May be I asked too many. Your first messages were furious and stressful , and I didn’t know how to go. Anyways, hope the resolution comes faster to you

Well, yes.
What other choices did you think you had when you placed that order?
(sorry if this comes across as blunt)

Of course not.

And you are exercising your right to discuss this on a public forum (not a support ticket/email).
So, please be prepared to have any potential risks you may have taken in this scenario pointed out to you by others.

1 Like

Obviously I’m furious because it’s my money ! And just for your info I’m a 33 year old woman so please you also stop assuming before treating others like fourth graders!

Ok. No worries. I can understand your feelings. I never wanted to be odd one in the perfect world.Again , hope you get some resolution from officials

Exactly and seriously I didn’t come here for a resolution because I already know there isn’t going to be one from zerodha ! I’m just here to show what users like us face and what pathetic responses zerodha gives us because I’m sure I won’t be the last on the receiving end!

And i remember last time such situation happened , I did get the delivery of stock at some random price, but atleast I had the stock in my account be at whatever price ,atleast it was reflecting the next day ! Then what changed this time also begs to be the question .